Thread: [Classics] Ganja Palace's COD4 Tournaments (2009) feat. various TWL players

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool [Classics] Ganja Palace's COD4 Tournaments (2009) feat. various TWL players

Back in the days when TWL COD4 was full of life and players were competing like no tomorrow.

-[x]- and Ganja Palace brought the big tourneys to Call of Duty 4 in early 2009. This featured various TWL players from their respective clans/teams for a Saturday Night of fun. MVPs were named for the tournament for their performance along with 4 other top performers. Also awards for specific from planting, defuse, obtaining & using UAVs for the team.

The Ruleset: TWL league config Hardcore Only (albeit having 16 v 16s)
    - Volunteered Captains. The Captains get map and side choice.
    - On some instances we get to play a few custom maps like POW_Camp, Complex and the infamous AREA_52 and Mogadishu (for kicks).

The First GP COD4 Tournament were held on {B.A.D} Clan's Promod Server using the competition ladder's setup as an immediate backup. Then we switched to the Ganja Palace Tournament server for the rest of the Tournaments.

The Tourneys were discontinued During April's Spring Break of 2009. I only recorded the last Five Tournaments, the other four were never recorded prior to the 4th Tournament. The 2nd Tournament was a doubleheader (two separate matches). So Hit me up if ever you have demos for the tournaments prior to the fourth.

These are only from my Perspective, forgive me for playing like a noob. Rem and myself were also statistics guys calculating the entire tournaments, awards and results.

Credits and Players/Clans from TWL Represented and Participated:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEEG...tu.be&t=16m45s

First tournament was played at {B.A.D}Clans Badlands while the rest of the Tournaments were played on -[x]-Ganja Palace Tournament Server.

Classic times back at TWL!

Hayling
    Last edited by Hayling; 04-15-2016 at 12:35 PM.

Rocket League Admin
    TWL Staff

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man... lets bring CoD4 back. I LOVED that game. Still would play it if we had some ladder interest. Was my favorite of all the CoD's.

Quality Control Director
    Senior Staff
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great video, took me a second to remember the map right off the bat... but once it got going it really made me want to play it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So many familiar names in this video. Hope the site ramps up when the remaster comes out!

Thread Information