Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Comp Format idea for AAPG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Comp Format idea for AAPG

Let's be honest, AAPG is an incredibly one dimensional game. Not only is it one dimensional, it is one of the most repetitive games I have ever played (imo, of course). With a new season of TWL on its way, why not do a little experimenting to help broaden this game's horizon?

My suggestion would be to have forced roles within a 5v5 format. That would mean;

• 3 M4/M16
    • 1 SAW
    • 1 M24 Sniper

I honestly think that this would be a game changer. Maps that we have all played countless times will now be played in a much different way, at a much different pace. New strategies will have to be invented and certain players would now have to master a new role on their team.

AA:PG Admin
    TWL Staff
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are definitely taking a hard look at the 5v5 format and everything it entails. By have a 4v4 test tournament does not mean our leagues/tournament in the future are all going to be 4v4. The main problem I see though, is some people want AAPG to be a copy of CSGO and it will never be CSGO. Then forcing sniper on maps like, Breach, Siege, Lockdown, Crossfire or other CQB map is not ideal. I believe our biggest problem is the lack of good, solid competitive maps made for 5v5.

Our Goal, is to have a well balanced game and have fun while doing it. Now, if the majority of the community wants snipers on a 5v5 format. Then, we will take on that format so those players/teams can play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In no way is this game even comparable to csgo. I compare this game to more of a Cod type game. I remember competing in COD4 back in the day (correct me if I'm wrong) there was a limit to the amount of smg, rifle, and there was always a scope. I get that some maps seem too small for a sniper role but there are plenty of angles to successfully utilize that role. It just seems so bland and repetitive having everyone run around with the same weapon, on the same maps, running the same ole strats. This game, as well as the comp scene, lacks evolution and I believe that this could help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't understand why you keep thinking 4vs4 is better than 5vs5... everyone is saying otherwise, and those saying are the ones who play competitive since the beta. Also, mikey your idea probably would make things interesting for comp, it needs testing.

TWL Staff
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkeiro View Post
    I don't understand why you keep thinking 4vs4 is better than 5vs5... everyone is saying otherwise, and those saying are the ones who play competitive since the beta. Also, mikey your idea probably would make things interesting for comp, it needs testing.
    I never said 4v4 is better than 5v5 and I have been playing comp since beta. I must say, I don't believe I recognize you.

Quote Originally Posted by mikey View Post
    In no way is this game even comparable to csgo. I compare this game to more of a Cod type game. I remember competing in COD4 back in the day (correct me if I'm wrong) there was a limit to the amount of smg, rifle, and there was always a scope. I get that some maps seem too small for a sniper role but there are plenty of angles to successfully utilize that role. It just seems so bland and repetitive having everyone run around with the same weapon, on the same maps, running the same ole strats. This game, as well as the comp scene, lacks evolution and I believe that this could help.
    Yes it does lack evolution and I understand everything you are saying. So much in fact, this is what I kept trying to tell the Dev's about the game. It could have another aspect and this game could be bigger if they would pay attention to the competitive side. Which would draw more players and get there name out there etc. At the time, they didn't want to hear it and banned me from there forums. Very unfortunate.

Would we like to see TWL have a 5's in the Future? Yes, if the majority of the community supports it. It seems the main concern would be the loadout restrictions. Like I said before, "We are definitely taking a hard look at the 5v5 format and everything it entails." Our concern is forcing a sniper on some of the small maps. Why not give teams the option to have another role like, another M4/M16 or maybe a DMR with M16/acog. Let the team pick there 5th role depending on any given round to match whatever strat they maybe doing. Then on the other open maps where it makes sense to have a sniper.. Then teams could choose the sniper or maybe a DMR with M16/acog.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to see 5v5 get more players on the rosters included, a change from what we've had for s while now, I also like the new force gun thing suggested

TWL Staff
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Limiting the weapons will not change as much as you think, or even nothing. Most of teams already use, in almost every map, different roles. I am not saying that its common to play with the m24 in all maps, but is used. And when the m24 isn't used, the shotgun is. This 2 weapons are the only ones that have issues in some maps... m24 isn't so easy to play in cqb maps, and the shotgun is the same for long range maps. The m16 and the m249 its easily used in every map.

However, the 4v4 format could change the match dramatically... but imo for bad. The problem is always the maps. For me, with this kind of maps, if we change for a 4v4 format, most of the maps will become too much assault side. Howerver, this is just an opinion.

TWL Staff
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stand by, Since the tournament is a month away and its a "test" tournament. We have decided to let the public vote on which format they want to play. There will be an Official Vote made and please cast your vote for 4v4 or 5v5.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've also mentioned in the AA forums numerous times that a Flo League would be a great way to get all the .Flo teams into the comp scene..

only having a bdx league is only tapping into 50% or less than 50% of the AA population,
    this comp community is so stubborn and back a$ward sometimes.

maps like harbor assault, checkout, etc would support a 6v6, build it and they will come
    so many pub clans with 10+ players that never play the bdx maps, but would probably be interested in comp if there was a Flo format

I dont get the beef, back in AA 1/2 5v5, 6v6 leagues would run on maps as big as MP and MP:SE

I remember numerous matches on these massive maps

I guess everyone suffers from excessive ADHD and needs 1 minute rounds in tiny 4x4 maps tho

if you're sick of the staleness try more than one new thing..

if you want to have more people interested in comp, both flo, and bdx should be utilized

NOT just 50% of the game

I personally have 0 attachment to most of the bdx maps, and would only ever play one because thats what people scrim and what matches are on.

It would also encourage the mainly .Flo based teams to maybe try the .bdx league as well, and vice versa

Just my 2 cents

I doubt one person will agree with me tho

Public Relations
    TWL Staff
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by status View Post
    I've also mentioned in the AA forums numerous times that a Flo League would be a great way to get all the .Flo teams into the comp scene..

only having a bdx league is only tapping into 50% or less than 50% of the AA population,
    this comp community is so stubborn and back a$ward sometimes.

maps like harbor assault, checkout, etc would support a 6v6, build it and they will come
    so many pub clans with 10+ players that never play the bdx maps, but would probably be interested in comp if there was a Flo format

I dont get the beef, back in AA 1/2 5v5, 6v6 leagues would run on maps as big as MP and MP:SE

I remember numerous matches on these massive maps

I guess everyone suffers from excessive ADHD and needs 1 minute rounds in tiny 4x4 maps tho

if you're sick of the staleness try more than one new thing..

if you want to have more people interested in comp, both flo, and bdx should be utilized

NOT just 50% of the game

I personally have 0 attachment to most of the bdx maps, and would only ever play one because thats what people scrim and what matches are on.

It would also encourage the mainly .Flo based teams to maybe try the .bdx league as well, and vice versa

Just my 2 cents

I doubt one person will agree with me tho
    You bring the teams, we'll put it together.
    "Inevitability Mr. Anderson. Without purpose there is no reason to exist... Your death is inevitable."

E . ` ' / . F Your tears fuel me. ≡√≡

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information