Thread: Community Input: Rules sets

Public Relations
    TWL Staff
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Community Input: Rules sets

I want to get the discussion started on rulesets and what you want to see from TWL in regards to competitions. We welcome any and all input here, so long as it's positive and contributory to the topic at hand.

Team Size:

4 vs 4 or 5 vs 5

Kit limits:

Should there only be one sniper allowed per team, or is two fair?

Round Times:

What time limit should there be?

Number of Rounds:

How many rounds to the match?

Anti Cheat:

We're currently heavily testing MOSS. What are your opinions of it? We're also looking at ACI and PBBans streams. These are also a patch until we can get to work on our own anti-cheat software.

Match Nights:

What nights should matches be held to? Should we allow competition 7 days a week, or limit it to Thursday-Saturday?

I welcome any and all input in addition to the questions outlined above...
    "Inevitability Mr. Anderson. Without purpose there is no reason to exist... Your death is inevitable."

E . ` ' / . F Your tears fuel me. ≡√≡

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Team size :
    All ladders/tournaments on AA:PG was/are 5vs5. I advise to keep this, because teams are habituate to it (and strategies too).

Kit limits:
    I think you can allow sniper when it is open (like Inner,Intercept, Spring Street, etc).
    Limit the shotgun can be a good idea : it's very powerfull on close combat.

Number of Rounds:
    It depend of the number of map for a match and if you want draw matchs.

Anti Cheat:
    Bad idea I think ... the ESL Wire was unloved when ESL was used (have to restart the game, bugs, crash, don't detect cheat on AA).
    And I don't think an anticheat can detect the .INI modification / macro / optimisations cheats.

Match Nights:
    No opinion

AA:PG Admin
    TWL Staff
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anti Cheat:
    Bad idea I think ... the ESL Wire was unloved when ESL was used (have to restart the game, bugs, crash, don't detect cheat on AA).
    And I don't think an anticheat can detect the .INI modification / macro / optimisations cheats.

This is not ESL wire but a simple stand alone AC client and it runs very well. Actually, it copies game ini's and detects every thing running in the process list. So if your using macro software it will detect it and if your using some crazy macro in your ini's then it will show up. It also zip those files in a tamper proof .zip. Its truly amazing for being free.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xtopherus
    This is not ESL wire but a simple stand alone AC client and it runs very well. Actually, it copies game ini's and detects every thing running in the process list. So if your using macro software it will detect it and if your using some crazy macro in your ini's then it will show up. It also zip those files in a tamper proof .zip. Its truly amazing for being free.
    Eager to see it in action
    Last edited by Titou74; 02-14-2016, 14-02-16 at 8:02 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Team Size:

5 vs 5

Kit limits:

One m24 sniper only...No m14, no shotgun, no m16 acog.

Round Times:

2 min 30 seconds or 3 mins. We are suppose to test 2min 30 secs rounds but have not got around to it.

Number of Rounds:

14 or more. Depends if you want to play all rounds or not. If you do not play all rounds than I would want more rounds like best of 16 or 18 or 20.

Anti Cheat:

Anti cheat looks good. Looking forward to it.
    Match Nights:

At FGNLeague we are most likely doing Thursday nights. So I would have default match night on a day other than thursday. Depending on a league start date you could use tuesday if Fragged nation is done its league by that time. Also I would recommend you give teams until the next match to play their match however if no agreement on day/time can be made than match should be played on the default day/default time.
    Last edited by Colts; 02-14-2016, 14-02-16 at 9:17 PM.

Anti-Cheat Director
    Senior Staff
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titou74 View Post
    Eager to see it in action
    Titou, look in any of the Game Admin sections for discussions regarding use/testing

We are currently testing MOSS across several games and OS platforms, stay tuned!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All rules should be the same for all leagues?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I second colts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Team Size:

5 vs 5

Kit limits:

1 sniper

Round Times:

2:30 rounds

Number of Rounds:

Anti Cheat:

The way Moss works, you have to send your file to others for it to be checked, and any tampering will be noticed. There needs to be be a spot for people to upload the file and have it accessible to everyone, not just admins (similar to game screenshots.) Especially when opposing teams are part of the review staff. You'd be surprised how many people get power hungry.

Match Nights:

No weekends. Tuesday and Thursday seems to be favored by most. Check your start date with other leagues and choose the according day.

Public Relations
    TWL Staff
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DZADragon View Post
    Team Size:

5 vs 5

Kit limits:

1 sniper

Round Times:

2:30 rounds

Number of Rounds:

Anti Cheat:

The way Moss works, you have to send your file to others for it to be checked, and any tampering will be noticed. There needs to be be a spot for people to upload the file and have it accessible to everyone, not just admins (similar to game screenshots.) Especially when opposing teams are part of the review staff. You'd be surprised how many people get power hungry.

Match Nights:

No weekends. Tuesday and Thursday seems to be favored by most. Check your start date with other leagues and choose the according day.
    Thanks for the input dragon. Still waiting on that interview btw.
    "Inevitability Mr. Anderson. Without purpose there is no reason to exist... Your death is inevitable."

E . ` ' / . F Your tears fuel me. ≡√≡

Thread Information