Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself

Administrator
    Senior Staff
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm InFLicTioN, I started PC gaming online in SOAF (so around 2000). Wasn't my first experience gaming but I am too old these days to remember the name of that old system I played as a kid! Probably because I was more interested in being outside and being a kid at those times.

I met T0K3R and RedBeard in Swat 4 although we never really were friends at all at that time, we simply crossed paths here and there during competitions, etc.

When COD4 was released, T0K3R, myself and several other formed a clan called Pain From Above(PFA). Eventually, hot heads bunted and I left PFA and formed KISS shortly after which was together for a couple years before I disbanded the clan. I then bounced around just playing in public servers for a few years before joining |DPG| where I have been a proud member for roughly 3 years now.

Roughly 6 months before the TWL site crash occurred I joined the TWL team as a Game Admin for Titanfall which never left the ground. When it became apparent that TWL 2.0 was not going to happen, I left with the same core of admins that I am with today. I am now one of 6 TWL Executives with the rebuild project and I head up the Site Support department as well as help MavRic out anyway I can with the engineering side of things.
    Last edited by InFLicTioN; 01-31-2016 at 02:00 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok wow....really gonna feel old

started in TWL back in Tribes 2 so like...2000?

played CoD....MoH....all the expansions....got into R6:3 and fell in love

Wiz and TC recruited me as Ladder Admin, moved up to CD for the series

eventually picked up GR:AW and one of the C&C series.....umm 3? I think?

got so burned out I left PC gaming for a long time....mostly PS4 now

Public Relations
    TWL Staff
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimJack View Post
    ok wow....really gonna feel old

started in TWL back in Tribes 2 so like...2000?

played CoD....MoH....all the expansions....got into R6:3 and fell in love

Wiz and TC recruited me as Ladder Admin, moved up to CD for the series

eventually picked up GR:AW and one of the C&C series.....umm 3? I think?

got so burned out I left PC gaming for a long time....mostly PS4 now
    PS4?!?! Traitor!
    "Inevitability Mr. Anderson. Without purpose there is no reason to exist... Your death is inevitable."

E . ` ' / . F Your tears fuel me. ≡√≡

TeamWarfare Vet

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, my name is Neil. I usually go by the handles of TwoKillsOneCup or some variant on the name Goattie (my original handle).

I have been gaming since the 80's and gaming online since '97 playing the original Diablo and Ultima online on dial up. I continued playing MMO's such as Everquest and WOW for a number of years until starting my FPS legendary status with Novus Ordo gaming. I took on a Sith Lord teacher named Disturbius to enhance my FPS skills to the awesome power they are today. My FPS gaming experience has followed the entire COD series, the Battlefield series (Let's face it, BF2 was the best!), and other FPS offshoots. My private love is for the Total War Franchise upon which if you have interests in that, then feel free tor each out to me.

I work in IT doing software development as well as infrastructure management/support for applications.

I am an avid Warhammer fan. If you have any questions around that or wanna talk tabletop or PC version, let me know.

My internet sucks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it true that you play with a tethered iPhone connection? Inquiring minds want to know.

TeamWarfare Vet

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I usually have good enough DSL connection to not require a separate connection. However, sometimes my internet stinks and I resort to tethering my iphone with an LTE conenction which is light years ahead of my DSL. It is actually quite doable for lots of games. Most online FPS's only eat up about 80-100MB an hour, so its not that terrible for most data plans.

My tethered iphone connection is like 25Mbps down and 10 up.

My DSL connection (hey you need unlimited data for downloading) is 1.3Mpbs down and .15 up!!!!!!!!!! I'm at the end of the DSL line, lol.

Public Relations
    TWL Staff
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoKillsOneCup View Post
    I usually have good enough DSL connection to not require a separate connection. However, sometimes my internet stinks and I resort to tethering my iphone with an LTE conenction which is light years ahead of my DSL. It is actually quite doable for lots of games. Most online FPS's only eat up about 80-100MB an hour, so its not that terrible for most data plans.

My tethered iphone connection is like 25Mbps down and 10 up.

My DSL connection (hey you need unlimited data for downloading) is 1.3Mpbs down and .15 up!!!!!!!!!! I'm at the end of the DSL line, lol.
    Have we mentioned we're in need of coders and developers?
    "Inevitability Mr. Anderson. Without purpose there is no reason to exist... Your death is inevitable."

E . ` ' / . F Your tears fuel me. ≡√≡

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Inevitability View Post
    Have we mentioned we're in need of coders and developers?
    Oh I've been tryin to warm him to the idea.

TeamWarfare Vet

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may have time in the near future here, but I am currently finishing up an application I am developing for a school program. I won't have it complete for maybe another month. You could forward me more details though and I can see how I can help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sapp,

My name is Nicholas, my handle is USUALLY "Nicias" but I've gone by "StrayMonty" and "Moose." I'm currently 22, but started PC gaming when I was 13, and started competing in CounterStrike CS:Source when I was 14. Disturbius (Bill) here is my beloved older cousin, and he actually taught me how to build my first "real" gaming computer when I was 15 going on 16 after my amazing Dell tower pooped out on me minutes before a sponsor-funded regional match. I speak Portuguese, because yes. I'm the "Herbert the Pervert" voice maker from TS... I don't know what else to say.... <3?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information