Skip Navigation

Pages (15): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 » ... Last »
Author
Thread New Thread / Reply to Thread
[-NM-] SPACEHERPES
TeamWarfare Vet
04-01-2012 10:07 PM / profile

Hmm, kinda a letdown IMO. It just did not feel right. It seemed like they tried to do too many things all in one episode. The script seemed like it had a different writer too. I dunno, I was kinda dissappointed.

Any of last years episodes was much better than this first one IMO.
I guess we will see.
ph|3.MadJester
TeamWarfare Vet
TWL Retired Staff
04-01-2012 11:29 PM / profile

Theres a lot that goes on in book 2, about double as much in book 1. Most of book 1 is an introduction to the chars with one major storyline and just a couple of minor ones, book 2 is all about the war, and every char has a storyline.

I would be surprised if they squeezed everything into one season without skipping stuff.
Zoomacroom
Assistant Manager
Digital Media & News

TWL Contributor
04-02-2012 02:34 AM / profile

Entirety of Season 2 details leaked!

I thought it was a good episode, set up a lot of stuff. Robb has quite the pair of balls, Joffery is fucking insane.
subroutine
TeamWarfare Vet
TWL Contributor
04-02-2012 07:32 AM / profile

I thought it was great and set the stage for a lot to occur. At the point you're thinking about different writers, etc., you're being hypercritical. How about having some patience and enjoy the ride....?
[-NM-] SPACEHERPES
TeamWarfare Vet
04-02-2012 09:34 AM / profile

Fuck all of you!!!!

[-NM-] SPACEHERPES
TeamWarfare Vet
04-02-2012 09:46 AM / profile

I just think some of the characters have been pushed to be MORE of themsleves if that makes any sense. They seemed a little over the top IMO.

Like the power scene with Little Finger and the Queen. That seemed a little silly. And with the way Tyrion just strolled into the Castle just seemed silly. The scene with Stannis was confusing, I wish he would have been introduced better. For a moment I thought I was watching Camelot.

I will give it time, I loved the first season.
Post edited by [-NM-] SPACEHERPES at 4/2/2012 9:49:27 AM
Bigguns 93
TeamWarfare Vet
04-02-2012 11:05 AM / profile

Lol, that power scene is critical to understanding later about Little Finger and his role. It's like you read chapter one of book 2 which has 150 chapters and decided its not as good.

Of course last season was better in that it came to a climax with lots of excitement. You pick up explaining what has happened since that excitement so you can build again.

Did you miss the whole introduction of Stannis Baratheon? HOLY SHIT! He just let a priestess from the Red religion - one God - burn down the Seven Gods as a sacrifice. You got a major new player, a major new religion, a major new priestess who not only has swayed people to abandon the Seven and to burn the seven, but she fucking killed a Maester who was trying to poison her by sharing a drink that was poisoned.

Stanis Barethon just told all Seven Kingdoms about the incest between Cerse Lanister and Jamie Lanister. Talk about a bomb shell.

Oh fuck it, I'll spoil the entire season for you by telling you how that poison becomes a major player later on, how the Maestors fight with the Red priests, how ....

Nah, won't spoil it for everyone. Send me your e-mail and I will detail the spoiler and how critical this show will be to getting the rest of the whole season.
Post edited by Bigguns 93 at 4/2/2012 11:07:27 AM
TotalCarnage
TeamWarfare Vet
04-02-2012 12:07 PM / profile

First episode is total set up for the rest of the season for sure. Anyone can be killed. Tirion rolling in like that is what I'd consider classic Tirion. That guy is a complete manipulator and he does it well. Half the time he makes the otehr people think its their idea.
[-NM-] SPACEHERPES
TeamWarfare Vet
04-02-2012 12:26 PM / profile

I just thought it was lacking. The show seemed different. Hell, even the music seemed kinda dull and not fitting to certain situations. The end was kinda cool the way they went around killing bastard boys.

Sorry guys, Im the biggest fan of the show. I think I was the first on here to even talk about it. I was so excited and it was a bit of a letdown. Maybe next week will be better.

As far as Stannis, they could have focused more on him and let us get to know him a little more. Its like they felt obligated to show all the same scenes and their characters when they have some new ones to focus in on.

Like the way they have to show Winterfell with Bran. Then they have to have a scene with Bran, his wilding femal slave and the big retarded guy. Then then they have to show a scene with this guy, that guy or the other guy. Then at the end they fit in the other Bastard son and Neds daughter on their way the the wall.

Sorry guys, I think this episode was not so great....

Not like the others. Even when they were more slow and boring, I still loved each moment. This one felt off and forced.

Zoomacroom
Assistant Manager
Digital Media & News

TWL Contributor
04-02-2012 01:35 PM / profile

Originally posted by: [-NM-] SPACEHERPES
Then they have to have a scene with Bran, his wilding femal slave and the big retarded guy.

HODOR! HODOR HODOR HODOR. HODOR HODOR...
[-NM-] SPACEHERPES
TeamWarfare Vet
04-02-2012 02:24 PM / profile

Originally posted by: TheRedneck
Then they have to have a scene with Bran, his wilding femal slave and the big retarded guy.

HODOR! HODOR HODOR HODOR. HODOR HODOR...

Maybe I am being too picky but I have seen season 1 at least 5 times now. Thats how much I am a fan. Its seems like something has changed...I dont know and I did not like it.

Zoomacroom
Assistant Manager
Digital Media & News

TWL Contributor
04-02-2012 06:16 PM / profile

Maybe I am being too picky but I have seen season 1 at least 5 times now. Thats how much I am a fan.

Yeah, I'm around that number for S1 viewings right now too.

I'll probably watch each new episode at least 3 or 4 times the week it's released.
Post edited by TheRedneck at 4/2/2012 6:18:48 PM
subroutine
TeamWarfare Vet
TWL Contributor
04-02-2012 06:23 PM / profile

For those that read the books, is it worth it to read them? I've heard there is a tremendous amount filler material with no real impact. Without spoiling anything, and this is more of a yes or no question, is there more character depth and relevant events in the books?
Post edited by subroutine at 4/2/2012 6:23:30 PM
Nathan Bedford Forrest
TeamWarfare Vet
04-02-2012 06:24 PM / profile

Originally posted by: subroutine
For those that read the books, is it worth it to read them? I've heard there is a tremendous amount filler material with no real impact. Without spoiling anything, and this is more of a yes or no question, is there more character depth and relevant events in the books?

I've only ready book 1. I enjoyed it more than the tv show by quite a bit. I liked the show a lot.

See through the propaganda. Stop empowering and enriching the state by cheering its wars. Set aside the television talking points. Look at the world anew, without the prejudices of the past, and without favoring your own government’s version of things. Be decent. Be human. Do not be deceived by the Joe Bidens, the John McCains, the Barack Obamas and Hillary Clintons. Reject the biggest government program of them all. Peace builds. War destroys.
-Lew Rockwell
Zoomacroom
Assistant Manager
Digital Media & News

TWL Contributor
04-02-2012 07:33 PM / profile

Originally posted by: Nathan Bedford Forrest

I've only ready book 1. I enjoyed it more than the tv show by quite a bit. I liked the show a lot.

Read or audiobook?

I'm gonna give the audiobook for AGoT a shot, since reading is going slow. Hopefully I don't totally space it out...

Obtained the first 5 books read by Roy Dotrice.
Post edited by TheRedneck at 4/2/2012 7:39:17 PM
ph|3.MadJester
TeamWarfare Vet
TWL Retired Staff
04-02-2012 07:51 PM / profile

Originally posted by: subroutine

Book 1 and 2 are Great! Book 3 is a bit of a "what are the secondary characters up to" type of book, its interesting, but except for Jon's story it could be skipped. Book 4 which I just finished is back to the main chars and is a bit more political as people maneuver for allies.
Nathan Bedford Forrest
TeamWarfare Vet
04-02-2012 08:10 PM / profile

Read or audiobook?

I'm gonna give the audiobook for AGoT a shot, since reading is going slow. Hopefully I don't totally space it out...

I read the e-book. I'd do the audiobook thing but it's so damn expensive. It's two credits on Audible (30 bucks). I'm not really willing to spend more than 15 bucks on a single audiobook. Hell, I got Atlas Shrugged for 15 bucks. That book is long as shit.

See through the propaganda. Stop empowering and enriching the state by cheering its wars. Set aside the television talking points. Look at the world anew, without the prejudices of the past, and without favoring your own government’s version of things. Be decent. Be human. Do not be deceived by the Joe Bidens, the John McCains, the Barack Obamas and Hillary Clintons. Reject the biggest government program of them all. Peace builds. War destroys.
-Lew Rockwell
leroybrown
TeamWarfare Vet
04-02-2012 08:20 PM / profile

I read through the first three books pretty quick. The last two were more of a chore.

You definitely get way more insight with the books. Especially the beyond the wall stuff, the trip to Craster's is way more detailed in the book. They briefly mention in the show how the villages are all empty but they go through that with the book. You also get a better idea how dire the journey is.

Just read the books, it's well worth it if you like the show.
Zoomacroom
Assistant Manager
Digital Media & News

TWL Contributor
04-02-2012 08:29 PM / profile

I read the e-book. I'd do the audiobook thing but it's so damn expensive. It's two credits on Audible (30 bucks). I'm not really willing to spend more than 15 bucks on a single audiobook. Hell, I got Atlas Shrugged for 15 bucks. That book is long as shit.

I checked out Audible, but it seemed pretty expensive... so I went the other route. Dotrice is supposed to do a pretty good job though.
{|}snake{|}
The REAL Snake!
TeamWarfare Vet
04-02-2012 09:04 PM / profile

Read or audiobook?

I listened to them all. Dotrice is pretty good. It gets creepy though because he will change his voice to impersonate the different characters. Hodor is something else. Or when there is a sex scene. phahah.. god. ya.. creepy..
Coba|t
TeamWarfare Vet
04-02-2012 09:19 PM / profile

Originally posted by: ph|3.MadJester
Theres a lot that goes on in book 2, about double as much in book 1. Most of book 1 is an introduction to the chars with one major storyline and just a couple of minor ones, book 2 is all about the war, and every char has a storyline.

I would be surprised if they squeezed everything into one season without skipping stuff.

Hopefully they skip Sansa's storyline
New Thread / Reply to Thread
Pages (15): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 » ... Last »

advertisement
GamerModz - Design Your Gear

TWL® NA Time: 8/28/2014 7:22:29 AM
TWL® EU Time: 8/28/2014 1:22:29 PM

All content © TeamWarfare.com 2000-2014
TeamWarfare League™
Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions