Skip Navigation

Pages (2): [1] 2 »
Author
Thread New Thread / Reply to Thread
leroybrown
TeamWarfare Vet
03-20-2012 09:14 PM / profile

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2012/mar/20/no-charges-be-filed-ladson-shooting/

No charges will be filed against the motorist who shot and killed a man in the Ladson area last week while reportedly in fear he was being carjacked, Charleston County Sheriff's Office Maj. Jim Brady said Tuesday.

Brady said the Sheriff's Office investigated the incident and concluded that the shooter, under the S.C. Protection of Persons and Property Act, was within his rights to defend his person and property.

Justin Rivers, 31, of Ashley Hall Plantation Road in Charleston was driving a Toyota Camry on March 13 when he fatally shot Artremain Grant, 31 of Adam's Run, Brady said. He said Rivers was stopped at a traffic light at the intersection of Ladson Road and U.S. Highway 78, about 4:15 a.m., when he saw another man leave a car behind his.

The man approached Rivers' car and began pulling on the rear passenger door and banging on the window. Fearing he was going to be carjacked or robbed, Rivers fired two rounds from a gun he had in his car's glove compartment, Brady said.

He said Rivers then drove away, fearing continued assault, and traveled on Highway 78 towards Rivers Avenue until he could get a good signal to his cell phone. Rivers continued for about two mile before stopping and calling 911, at that point still unaware that Grant had actually been felled by the shots, Brady said.

He said Grant died at the shooting scene. The vehicle that Grant got out of -- described only as a dark color sedan -- fled the scene. Attempts to locate that vehicle and driver have proven unsuccessful thus far, Brady said.

Grant has a lengthy list of arrests since 2003 in South Carolina, according to the State Law Enforcement Division. He has been convicted multiple times for possession of cocaine and crack. His latest arrest on a cocaine charge was in 2009.

The Sheriff's Office is still looking for any witnesses to the incident. Anyone with information is asked to call 843-202-1700, or call Crime Stoppers at 843-554-1111

One thing that's nice here is you can carry a loaded gun in your glove box without having any type of CWP. People are tired of being victims.
Killet
I Worship GoddessWolfie
TeamWarfare Vet
03-20-2012 09:32 PM / profile

Amen my brother in arms. As for Grant .. he chose poorly

Stoneymontana
New ride!
TeamWarfare Vet
03-21-2012 01:43 AM / profile

Gotta love it. This states gun laws rule!
Neechoo Cheeska
Pepperoni please
TeamWarfare Vet
03-21-2012 02:17 AM / profile

Excellent. Another worthless criminal scumbag dead. Mr. Rivers deserves a medal.
~~Snake~~
On a 2 week vacation
03-21-2012 07:42 AM / profile

What kind of name is Artremain?

By by POS criminal. We have castle doctrine in our cars in Ohio now!
03-21-2012 07:58 AM / profile

Mr. Rivers must have listened to Sheriff Chuck Wright:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y2zc8BJnZU

[Im lame and cant remember how to embed.]
~~Snake~~
On a 2 week vacation
03-21-2012 09:32 AM / profile

Originally posted by: X26

We are soft on criminals. This is why this our country sucks. We have idiots who say drug dealers are not criminals. we should be executing more criminals daily. Rehabilitation is a myth. If you rape or murder someone you should die or minimally get life with no parole.

We have these white trash kids who came into one of my customers when I was eaving a meeting with teardrop tats on their face. Who the fuck would hire these idiots? They of course had rap sheets a mile long. And these scumbags thought those tats were cool. Fuck them and fuck these kids who want to be thugs.

Post edited by ~~Snake~~ at 3/21/2012 9:33:12 AM

TeamWarfare Vet
03-21-2012 10:19 AM / profile

http://www.sled.sc.gov/ProtectionOfPeople.aspx?MenuID=CWP

"PROTECTION OF PERSONS AND PROPERTY ACT

The stated intent of the legislation is to codify the common law castle doctrine, which recognizes that a personís home is his castle, and to extend the doctrine to include an occupied vehicle and the personís place of business. This bill authorizes the lawful use of deadly force under certain circumstances against an intruder or attacker in a personís dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle. The bill provides that there is no duty to retreat if (1) the person is in a place where he has a right to be, including the personís place of business, (2) the person is not engaged in an unlawful activity, and (3) the use of deadly force is necessary to prevent death, great bodily injury, or the commission of a violent crime. A person who lawfully uses deadly force is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action, unless the person against whom deadly force was used is a law enforcement officer acting in the performance of his official duties and he identifies himself in accordance with applicable law or the person using deadly force knows or reasonably should have known the person is a law enforcement officer.

H.4301 (R412) was signed by the Governor on June 9, 2006."

notice you can shoot someone to prevent "the commission of a violent crime". That gives us alot of leeway in defending ourselves

Also, from the law itself

""Article 6

Protection of Persons and Property

Lawful Use of Deadly Force

Section 16-11-410. This article may be cited as the 'Protection of Persons and Property Act'.

Section 16-11-420. (A) It is the intent of the General Assembly to codify the common law Castle Doctrine which recognizes that a person's home is his castle and to extend the doctrine to include an occupied vehicle and the person's place of business.

(B) The General Assembly finds that it is proper for law-abiding citizens to protect themselves, their families, and others from intruders and attackers without fear of prosecution or civil action for acting in defense of themselves and others.

(C) The General Assembly finds that Section 20, Article I of the South Carolina Constitution guarantees the right of the people to bear arms, and this right shall not be infringed.

(D) The General Assembly finds that persons residing in or visiting this State have a right to expect to remain unmolested and safe within their homes, businesses, and vehicles.

(E) The General Assembly finds that no person or victim of crime should be required to surrender his personal safety to a criminal, nor should a person or victim be required to needlessly retreat in the face of intrusion or attack."

every state should have law like this
Post edited by Killet at 3/21/2012 10:22:59 AM
Andural69
Sheriff of Griffethal
TeamWarfare Vet
03-21-2012 10:33 AM / profile

That's what I like to hear.

Originally posted by: Cocytus
God damn I miss Dick.
=>PX<=Major
TeamWarfare Vet
03-21-2012 11:20 AM / profile

Originally posted by: ~~Snake~~

We are soft on criminals. This is why this our country sucks. We have idiots who say drug dealers are not criminals. we should be executing more criminals daily. Rehabilitation is a myth. If you rape or murder someone you should die or minimally get life with no parole.

We have these white trash kids who came into one of my customers when I was eaving a meeting with teardrop tats on their face. Who the fuck would hire these idiots? They of course had rap sheets a mile long. And these scumbags thought those tats were cool. Fuck them and fuck these kids who want to be thugs.

You do know that over crowding in the prison system is why the courts have become lenient inpart on sentencing right?

Killet
I Worship GoddessWolfie
TeamWarfare Vet
03-21-2012 11:53 AM / profile

They should.just build more prisons
=>PX<=Major
TeamWarfare Vet
03-21-2012 11:55 AM / profile

Originally posted by: Killet

You are absolutely right, let's build one in your back yard.

~~Snake~~
On a 2 week vacation
03-21-2012 12:01 PM / profile

Originally posted by: =>PX<=Major

You do know that over crowding in the prison system is why the courts have become lenient inpart on sentencing right?

That's not a correct statement. There are many variables such as where( I'm sure in Cali between the Latinos and blacks)they are overcrowded. But the appeals process and bogged down courts are another big issue. Why don't we use no -violent ones to clean roads and do work? Because liberals like Pixel think that's mean. We should be executing criminals on three strikes. If you can't figure out how to live in society and have to go back multiple times then you should die.
03-21-2012 12:08 PM / profile

That's not a correct statement. There are many variables such as where( I'm sure in Cali between the Latinos and blacks)they are overcrowded. But the appeals process and bogged down courts are another big issue. Why don't we use no -violent ones to clean roads and do work? Because liberals like Pixel think that's mean. We should be executing criminals on three strikes. If you can't figure out how to live in society and have to go back multiple times then you should die.

Yes it is a correct statement. What part of "in part" don't you understand? This shit was covered in law enforcement college courses 20 years ago and it's only gotten worse.
~~Snake~~
On a 2 week vacation
03-21-2012 12:26 PM / profile

Yes it is a correct statement. What part of "in part" don't you understand? This shit was covered in law enforcement college courses 20 years ago and it's only gotten worse.
So that's not correct. So all blacks are criminals? Quit making blanket statements that are not accurate. It depends on many factors. Overcrowding is certainly an issue in big cities. But not every prison iis in a big city
Post edited by ~~Snake~~ at 3/21/2012 12:29:16 PM

TeamWarfare Vet
03-21-2012 12:33 PM / profile

I love this state!

Killet, Leroy, we should all meet up one day & go to a range, bs & just shoot guns for a while.
Stoneymontana
New ride!
TeamWarfare Vet
03-21-2012 12:34 PM / profile

Maybe we should do like England used to do, ship their criminals to an island.

We could start shipping all child molesters to Gitmo for life.
Killet
I Worship GoddessWolfie
TeamWarfare Vet
03-21-2012 01:09 PM / profile

plenty of places to build new prisons, thats no excuse
Killet
I Worship GoddessWolfie
TeamWarfare Vet
03-21-2012 01:10 PM / profile

Originally posted by: Stoneymontana
I love this state!

Killet, Leroy, we should all meet up one day & go to a range, bs & just shoot guns for a while.

any good ranges in the MB or Charleston area?
=>PX<=Major
TeamWarfare Vet
03-21-2012 01:42 PM / profile

I always knew you were pro big government!
Killet
I Worship GoddessWolfie
TeamWarfare Vet
03-21-2012 01:48 PM / profile

I always knew you were pro big government!

incarcerating criminals is one area I'm all for growth and expansion
New Thread / Reply to Thread
Pages (2): [1] 2 »

advertisement
GamerModz - Design Your Gear

TWL® NA Time: 9/1/2014 9:36:53 AM
TWL® EU Time: 9/1/2014 3:36:53 PM

All content © TeamWarfare.com 2000-2014
TeamWarfare League™
Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions