Cocytus
TeamWarfare Vet
03-13-2012 11:16 PM / profile

Originally posted by: FSB
Originally posted by: Cocytus
one less "insurgent" to grow up, right?

ALMOST there...

It's like everything is being said BUT the fact that you're proud of the Sgt.

I promise I won't tell.

You know who I blame for these murders? The people of Afghanistan. If they didn't let their country be used as a terrorist training camp, then that Sgt would have never been there.

You asked if I would nuke Afghanistan. HELL FUCKING NO!

I'd nuke every city with at least ten thousand Muslims in it.

I see which side you are on, why don't you just come out and say it? Nobody is watching and it will be our little secret.
=TIO= Fluffytuff
I go both ways!
TeamWarfare Vet
03-14-2012 01:09 AM / profile

Originally posted by: Stryk
Originally posted by: =TIO= Fluffytuff
I find it funny that nobody is saying shit after FSB called them out.
We have jobs. Don't get to whore forums.

------------------------------------------------------
"An eye for an eye, and the whole world would be blind." - Khalil Gibran

FSB
The RApture found me
TeamWarfare Vet
03-14-2012 08:22 AM / profile

Surprised this hasn't been posted yet...seeing as how many of you here have adopted the "fuck em all" attitude, I would have though this guy was a personal hero to many here.

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2012/03/2012312123045592978.html

As the 16 civilian victims of a US sergeant's shooting spree in southern Afghanistan are buried, new details of the horrific episode are emerging. Nine of those killed were children. Three were women.

Don't fucking shy away from your convictions now...not NOW, as they have come to some fruition. I would have thought this guy would be more popular than Jesus-fucking-Christ round these here parts.

Wait, wait, wait...maybe it's just me. Maybe I'm the fucked up one and haven't really been hearing people here spew that whole "we should just nuke the place", or "fuck em, kill em all". Don't lack the integrity to stand by your convictions when we finally hear about the bullets to the brains.

Stand up, say it loud, be proud...support this guy for doing what you claim you want, but can't.

Do you actually believe this guy didn't flip his lid?

Seriously, do you?

Okay, one at a time...coffee is brewing, and I have a light morning.

Do I think he "flipped his lid"? Yes.

Do I think he went insane? No. He knew exactly what he was doing, and he knew it was wrong. This can be substantiated BECAUSE he turned himself in. He wasn't caught "in the act" during the man hunt that proceeded the head count confirming someone was outside the fence. He wasn't doing Gods work, or listening to the voices in his head (as of yet). I mean, MAYBE, if as he is at his 9th house, approached, and asked to set his weapon down, AND he responds with, "Why, what's wrong?"...then MAYBE.

The difference? One is a good criminal defense and the other isn't. IF you want to get away with doing "crazy" shit, the last thing you want to do is acknowledge guilt.

TeamWarfare Vet
03-14-2012 08:44 AM / profile

Originally posted by: Bibimbap
Originally posted by: Bibimbap
Publically show the Afghans the right way to deal with murderers.

A death row sentence followed by 15 - 20 years of appeals and millions of tax payer money?

International court, the Hague. Hanging.

Just like the Nazi concentration camp guards.

What? You wanna see us accept their backwards ass ways? You want to confirm that stoning people to death is acceptable? Maybe draw and quarter them?

Gotta show them what's right and civilized.

During WWII, after we helped to liberate most of Europe, we didn't attempt to install a single government. We didn't ask them to change a thing (Germany aside). To the best of my knowledge, we were simply trying to reverse the oppression imposed...not create a new oppression...OUR oppression.

The difficulty, and the reason I reference WWII is because the "oppression" was easy to define. In 2012, it's not so easy. A person doesn't have to be an insurgent, Taliban, or Al Qaeda to believe in stoning as a form of punishment...or that women shouldn't be educated. No Sir, in this day of age, it's the mentality of the individual, and the perspective that is the oppression. I'll agree with you that both of the examples you listed are, for the most part, and at the very least, dated. I actually disagree strongly with a lot of what I hear that is being used as Afghan policy.

Here is where we disagree:

I don't think it's our business to change their policy. More than that, because their policy is based in religion, I don't think it's even possible.

But let's not stray too far from the reason for posting this thread. It was to allow people who have vehemently supported and claimed that the murder of 30 million + people (Afghanistan alone) is not just a viable, but joyful "final solution to the problem with the Afghan people". Well, this thread was created so that these, like minded people, could display their support of this individual who started carrying out their wishes.

How ironic that you should bring up Nazis.
TeamWarfare Vet
03-14-2012 08:57 AM / profile

Originally posted by: Smiling Canadian
Surprised this hasn't been posted yet...seeing as how many of you here have adopted the "fuck em all" attitude, I would have though this guy was a personal hero to many here.

As the 16 civilian victims of a US sergeant's shooting spree in southern Afghanistan are buried, new details of the horrific episode are emerging. Nine of those killed were children. Three were women.

Don't fucking shy away from your convictions now...not NOW, as they have come to some fruition. I would have thought this guy would be more popular than Jesus-fucking-Christ round these here parts.

Wait, wait, wait...maybe it's just me. Maybe I'm the fucked up one and haven't really been hearing people here spew that whole "we should just nuke the place", or "fuck em, kill em all". Don't lack the integrity to stand by your convictions when we finally hear about the bullets to the brains.

Stand up, say it loud, be proud...support this guy for doing what you claim you want, but can't.

I would venture a guess that he would be far more popular around here than you are.

No one here condones cold blooded murder. Well that's a lie. Murder can be an effective tool. In this case it appears that the fellow in question had suffered a traumatic brain injury while deployed to Iraq. Maybe the question should be...how did he slip through the cracks and get redeployed?

I saw that...about his brain damage. It's a shame too, because that MIGHT have been a great defense for him. The truth however might be a bit more complicated. I highly doubt the U.S. military is going to take the fall for one guy. Mark my words, it will NOT come out that the military failed to do it's job properly, and put an unstable soldier int he field, with a weapon in his hands.

Oh they will look for it. I've seen it already in a few online news sites. This type of thing has happened in almost every war. I don't think anyone is going to suggest that war doesn't take it's toll on people. From pissing on corpses, to targeting civilians as a sport, Nanking, Vietnam, Russians in Berlin...yeah, this shit happens. It just sucks when it happens in a world that a lot smaller now.

Again, the point is this...I want to know who is cheering for this guy. Not who is coming to his defense. There is a big difference between the "poor guy, needed help, and it's a tragedy that the families may never overcome" and the people who say something like, "It's about fucking time we got this shit done".

But that's the mood here, sometimes, from some people.

We are talking about dead fucking children, and I want to see these assholes cheer about it the way they called for "nuking them" BEFORE this happened. Or what? Nuking an entire country is somehow more cheerworthy that stomping a child to death? To me, there is no line, and they are the same. Murder.
03-14-2012 09:03 AM / profile

I wouldn't say I'm cheering but less Muslims that want to kill infidels isn't a bad thing.

FSB where was all your outrage when soldiers with families were murdered by these very same folk?

TeamWarfare Vet
03-14-2012 09:11 AM / profile

ALMOST there...

I promise I won't tell.

You know who I blame for these murders? The people of Afghanistan. If they didn't let their country be used as a terrorist training camp, then that Sgt would have never been there.

I see which side you are on, why don't you just come out and say it? Nobody is watching and it will be our little secret.

The side I'm on? You mean the "leave them the fuck alone because they don't pose a national threat" side. Yeah, that's me. The "War on Terror" is bullshit, and has been since it started.

Look, I'm not as big of an idiot as you assume. I'm fully aware that there are people in this world too far gone. I used to believe that people who lived only to kill Americans existed simply because we were "over there". Now, I'm pretty sure it's past that point, and I'm not sure I believe pulling out of every single Middle Eastern nation would prevent further acts of terrorism. That said...being there won't stop them.

What I find hilarious, but mostly tragic, about your statement is the fact your using the SAME fucking defense to kill as they are.

I think it's a safe bet that NONE of the people killed during 9/11 had ANY say in the foreign policies that prompted the attacks themselves. YET, Bin Laden decided, as you just indicted, to hold civilians accountable.

Bin Laden helped kill American civilians to hold them accountable for the actions of their ELECTED leaders.

You want to hold the Afghan civilians accountable for being a "terrorist sponsored" nation. Yet, the average citizen has about as much power to stop the influence of the Taliban (that we helped create) as Americans did to prevent nation building.

I haven't seen an "outing" this big since Elton John.
TeamWarfare Vet
03-14-2012 09:31 AM / profile

Originally posted by: ~~Snake~~
I wouldn't say I'm cheering but less Muslims that want to kill infidels isn't a bad thing.

FSB where was all your outrage when soldiers with families were murdered by these very same folk?

There was no outrage.

People who join the military SHOULD be fully aware of all that is encompassed within that decision...including being put in harms way for the sake of the will of the government.

I don't "cheer" for either side.

Your comparison isn't even in the same ballpark...it's not even the same fucking game.

A soldier is sent to a foreign land, hopefully, with a clearly defined objective. He is shot at. He returns fire. 3 possible outcomes. He kills, is killed, or both live to shoot at each other again. Despite the outcome, the soldier is there by choice. Not ONE person is forced to put themselves into harms way.

A child, born in Afghanistan, who has just said their final payers of the day, who is used to be woken up in the middle of the night to comply with random searches, who might be looking forward to school or soccer in the morning, now has a gun in their mouth, and the last thing they see is there brother or sisters head kicked in laying dead next to them.

Now you tell me which one is more tragic? The child who was simply born in the wrong country, and raised under the wrong religion? Or the guys who dies and volunteered to go?

Snake...it's not that I have no sympathy for US soldiers or their families. I do, I really really do. I think the whole fucking thing is tragic. I just don't subscribe to the idea that these soldiers have to die to keep American civilians safe.

If we are NOT going to back down from the idea that we should be installed in any fucking country we want, regardless of what the international community thinks, despite the apparent blow back these actions cause, and hell or high water the fact we, as a nation wouldn't have this shit done to us...then right after 9/11...when the C.I.A. would, and did certify that Bin Laden was responsible...we should have "flexed". We should have been the blatant hypocrites we are, stepped on anyone in our way, walked right the fuck into Afghanistan where Bin Laden was hiding with the Taliban and killed him. Taken our ball and gone home.

But that's not what we did, is it? That was profitable enough. Nope, more than 10 years later, Bin Laden dead and we are...what? Still there. Why? Under the guise of National safety...fucking tragic.
TeamWarfare Vet
03-14-2012 09:34 AM / profile

oh this is nice, nothing like not trusting your own troops

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/15/world/asia/panetta-visits-afghanistan-following-massacre.html?_r=1&hp

"CAMP LEATHERNECK, Afghanistan — Defense Secretary Leon E. Panetta landed here Wednesday morning for an unannounced and tense visit, the first by a senior member of the Obama administration since an American soldier reportedly killed 16 Afghan civilians, mostly children and women.

The two-day visit was planned months ago, but it has taken on a new urgency since an American staff sergeant slipped out of a military base in the southern province of Kandahar on Sunday and, according to villagers and senior defense officials, went door to door in nearby villages, shooting civilians. . . .

In a sign of the nervousness surrounding Mr. Panetta’s trip, the Marines and other troops who were waiting in a tent for the defense secretary to speak were abruptly asked by their commander to get up, place their weapons — M-16 and M-4 automatic rifles and 9-mm pistols — outside the tent and then return unarmed. The commander, Sgt. Maj. Brandon Hall, told reporters he was acting on orders from superiors.

“All I know is, I was told to get the weapons out,” he said. Asked why, he replied, “Somebody got itchy, that’s all I’ve got to say. Somebody got itchy; we just adjust.”

Normally, American forces in Afghanistan keep their weapons with them when the defense secretary visits and speaks to them.
The Afghans in the tent waiting for Mr. Panetta were not armed to begin with, as is typical.

Later, American officials said that the top commander in Helmand, Maj. Gen. Mark Gurganus, had decided on Tuesday that no one would be armed while Mr. Panetta spoke to them, but the word did not reach those in charge in the tent until shortly before Mr. Panetta was due to arrive. . . "

more at the link
~~Snake~~
On a 2 week vacation
03-14-2012 09:36 AM / profile

We should pull troops out and let any Muslim country know that if they provide any support that we will nuke a city for each incident! That's completely fair!!!
TeamWarfare Vet
03-14-2012 09:45 AM / profile

Originally posted by: ~~Snake~~
We should pull troops out and let any Muslim country know that if they provide any support that we will nuke a city for each incident! That's completely fair!!!

ALMOST...

What process is used to determine if a Nation HAS that much control over itself to prevent terrorism? When was the last time you looked at a map of Afghanistan? Why do you think "they" say we are even there? Hell, to the best of my knowledge, most of the country isn't even controlled by the officially, internationally recognized government. Which is about as much control as you and I (or anyone else has) over what country the U.S. sets up a base.

I mean...that's sounds a lot like, "We should use planes to attack buildings for every country the U.S. has invaded".
03-14-2012 03:31 PM / profile

ALMOST there...

I promise I won't tell.

The side I'm on? You mean the "leave them the fuck alone because they don't pose a national threat" side. Yeah, that's me. The "War on Terror" is bullshit, and has been since it started.

Look, I'm not as big of an idiot as you assume. I'm fully aware that there are people in this world too far gone. I used to believe that people who lived only to kill Americans existed simply because we were "over there". Now, I'm pretty sure it's past that point, and I'm not sure I believe pulling out of every single Middle Eastern nation would prevent further acts of terrorism. That said...being there won't stop them.

What I find hilarious, but mostly tragic, about your statement is the fact your using the SAME fucking defense to kill as they are.

I think it's a safe bet that NONE of the people killed during 9/11 had ANY say in the foreign policies that prompted the attacks themselves. YET, Bin Laden decided, as you just indicted, to hold civilians accountable.

Bin Laden helped kill American civilians to hold them accountable for the actions of their ELECTED leaders.

You want to hold the Afghan civilians accountable for being a "terrorist sponsored" nation. Yet, the average citizen has about as much power to stop the influence of the Taliban (that we helped create) as Americans did to prevent nation building.

I haven't seen an "outing" this big since Elton John.

It worked in Japan, right?

Do you really think the belligerence of Islam will end if we close our bases around the world? Islam started this fight with us, try not to forget that.
FSB
The RApture found me
TeamWarfare Vet
03-14-2012 04:39 PM / profile

Do you really think the belligerence of Islam will end if we close our bases around the world? Islam started this fight with us, try not to forget that.

You really are a simple creature. I used to have a bit of respect for you as I'd watch, like a slow train wreck, how you would pick apart arguments prested to you. Now...now it's not so amazing.

Okay, funny you should mention Japan. How about Switzerland? Portugal, Russia, Australia, Mexico, AND about a dozen or so more countries I could name.

Well, they have 3 things in common:

1) None of the nations listed above is considered a "Muslim" nation.
2) None of the nations listed above have a military base established in the Middle East.
3) None of the nations above have been attacked by Al Qaeda.

I know this may be difficult for you, but life DOES exist outside the borders of the U.S. (meaning, the problems of the U.S. are not the "worlds" problems). Additionally, the above items listed is NOT a coincidence, and are a causality of each other.

Fuck...they even TOLD us what they plan on doing:

On March 11, 2005, Al-Quds Al-Arabi published extracts from Saif al-Adel's document "Al Quaeda's Strategy to the Year 2020". Abdel Bari Atwan summarizes this strategy as comprising five stages to rid the Ummah from all forms of oppression:

Provoke the United States into invading a Muslim country. CHECK

Incite local resistance to occupying forces. CHECK

Expand the conflict to neighboring countries, and engage the U.S. in a long war of attrition. CHECK

Convert al-Qaeda into an ideology and set of operating principles that can be loosely franchised in other countries without requiring direct command and control, and via these franchises incite attacks against countries allied with the U.S. until they withdraw from the conflict, as happened with the 2004 Madrid train bombings, but which did not have the same effect with the July 7, 2005 London bombings. Okay...not so much. There are still a handful of other nations soldier in Afghanistan.

The U.S. economy will finally collapse under the strain of multiple engagements in numerous places, making the worldwide economic system which is dependent on the U.S. also collapse leading to global political instability, which in turn leads to a global jihad led by al-Qaeda and a Wahhabi Caliphate will then be installed across the world. Atwan also noted, regarding the collapse of the U.S., "If this sounds far-fetched, it is sobering to consider that this virtually describes the downfall of the Soviet Union." About fucking there

You know what your problem is? Your too fucking lazy to get the facts correct. I might as well start calling you Roy Rodgers or something and we can put a big white hat on the U.S. to proclaim ourselves the "good guys".

THEY started it? Are you fucking kidding me? Close to 3000 people died on 9/11 and almost no one stopped for a fraction of a second to ask "why". The reason was simple and the fatwa (dating back to 1996...but wait, the first trade tower attack was in 1993...keep reading) demanded for the removal of foreign troops and interests from what they considered Islamic lands.

Now here is where it gets a bit shaky, even I can admit this. There are great arguments for who has the authority to allow and/or kick out the U.S. presence in the Middle East. We were asked by Saudi Arabia (the country from which most of the 9/11 hijackers came from) to intervene in the Iraq invasion of Kuwait. This did 2 things. It insulted Bin Laden because he wasn't asked (so some say) and set up a permanent U.S. military presence in the Middle East.

So...if you don't take the threat seriously because one "roommate" invited you in, while the other is threatening to blow you up...who is to blame?

So, getting back to the 1993 WTC attacks...what was THAT all about. Well, according to the guy who did it:

Ramzi Yousef sent letters to various New York newspapers just before the attack, in which he claimed he belonged to 'Liberation Army, Fifth Battalion'. These letters made three demands: an end to all US aid to Israel, an end to US diplomatic relations with Israel, and a pledge by the United States to end interference "with any of the Middle East countries' interior affairs."

Anyone else seeing a reoccurring theme here?

Now here's the strange part. Abdul Rahman Yasin, the guy who got away...was being held prisoner by...anyone, anyone? Saddam Hussein. They offered to turn him over to us in order to release sanctions...we didn't take it. How did he get to Iraq? We let him go.

You know what...

NEVER-FUCKING-MIND!

tl;dr

We are good. They are bad, and some people here love the idea that kids were killed by Sgt. Nutjob.

03-14-2012 05:50 PM / profile

You really are a simple creature. I used to have a bit of respect for you as I'd watch, like a slow train wreck, how you would pick apart arguments prested to you. Now...now it's not so amazing.

Okay, funny you should mention Japan. How about Switzerland? Portugal, Russia, Australia, Mexico, AND about a dozen or so more countries I could name.

Well, they have 3 things in common:

1) None of the nations listed above is considered a "Muslim" nation.
2) None of the nations listed above have a military base established in the Middle East.
3) None of the nations above have been attacked by Al Qaeda.

I know this may be difficult for you, but life DOES exist outside the borders of the U.S. (meaning, the problems of the U.S. are not the "worlds" problems). Additionally, the above items listed is NOT a coincidence, and are a causality of each other.

Fuck...they even TOLD us what they plan on doing:

On March 11, 2005, Al-Quds Al-Arabi published extracts from Saif al-Adel's document "Al Quaeda's Strategy to the Year 2020". Abdel Bari Atwan summarizes this strategy as comprising five stages to rid the Ummah from all forms of oppression:

Provoke the United States into invading a Muslim country. CHECK

Incite local resistance to occupying forces. CHECK

Expand the conflict to neighboring countries, and engage the U.S. in a long war of attrition. CHECK

Convert al-Qaeda into an ideology and set of operating principles that can be loosely franchised in other countries without requiring direct command and control, and via these franchises incite attacks against countries allied with the U.S. until they withdraw from the conflict, as happened with the 2004 Madrid train bombings, but which did not have the same effect with the July 7, 2005 London bombings. Okay...not so much. There are still a handful of other nations soldier in Afghanistan.

The U.S. economy will finally collapse under the strain of multiple engagements in numerous places, making the worldwide economic system which is dependent on the U.S. also collapse leading to global political instability, which in turn leads to a global jihad led by al-Qaeda and a Wahhabi Caliphate will then be installed across the world. Atwan also noted, regarding the collapse of the U.S., "If this sounds far-fetched, it is sobering to consider that this virtually describes the downfall of the Soviet Union." About fucking there

You know what your problem is? Your too fucking lazy to get the facts correct. I might as well start calling you Roy Rodgers or something and we can put a big white hat on the U.S. to proclaim ourselves the "good guys".

THEY started it? Are you fucking kidding me? Close to 3000 people died on 9/11 and almost no one stopped for a fraction of a second to ask "why". The reason was simple and the fatwa (dating back to 1996...but wait, the first trade tower attack was in 1993...keep reading) demanded for the removal of foreign troops and interests from what they considered Islamic lands.

Now here is where it gets a bit shaky, even I can admit this. There are great arguments for who has the authority to allow and/or kick out the U.S. presence in the Middle East. We were asked by Saudi Arabia (the country from which most of the 9/11 hijackers came from) to intervene in the Iraq invasion of Kuwait. This did 2 things. It insulted Bin Laden because he wasn't asked (so some say) and set up a permanent U.S. military presence in the Middle East.

So...if you don't take the threat seriously because one "roommate" invited you in, while the other is threatening to blow you up...who is to blame?

So, getting back to the 1993 WTC attacks...what was THAT all about. Well, according to the guy who did it:

Ramzi Yousef sent letters to various New York newspapers just before the attack, in which he claimed he belonged to 'Liberation Army, Fifth Battalion'. These letters made three demands: an end to all US aid to Israel, an end to US diplomatic relations with Israel, and a pledge by the United States to end interference "with any of the Middle East countries' interior affairs."

Anyone else seeing a reoccurring theme here?

Now here's the strange part. Abdul Rahman Yasin, the guy who got away...was being held prisoner by...anyone, anyone? Saddam Hussein. They offered to turn him over to us in order to release sanctions...we didn't take it. How did he get to Iraq? We let him go.

You know what...

NEVER-FUCKING-MIND!

tl;dr

We are good. They are bad, and some people here love the idea that kids were killed by Sgt. Nutjob.

As I said, women and children are killed in war all the time. That is something men have to think about when they deliberately attack women and children minding their own business when flying or visiting buildings in New York city.

Do I honestly feel like Afghanistan is a serious threat to our existence? No. Do I feel like a nuclear weapon will change how they behave? Yes.
Do I think we should use a nuclear weapon on women and children? No.
Do I think we should use a nuclear weapon to kill off the men who hide behind women and children when they commit acts of war? Yes.

You are right, I do think just like them.
Cocytus
TeamWarfare Vet
03-14-2012 06:01 PM / profile

Russia: we're happy to sell arms to Assad

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/russia-were-happy-to-sell-arms-to-assad-7565725.html

Interesting, don't you think?

I don't make the rules, I just observe how others seem to think they are less important than you make them out to be. I'm not interested in playing fair.

BTW - Did you say that Russia hasn't had problems with Islamic terrorism? Putin cuts balls off for fucking with Russia. We cry when a Sgt goes on a rampage. I wouldn't fuck with Russia either, even though that is not entirely true. Russia does have a problem with Islamic terrorism. If you haven't noticed, most country's have a problem with it.
Stryk
TeamWarfare Vet
03-14-2012 11:11 PM / profile

Do you actually believe this guy didn't flip his lid?

Seriously, do you?

Okay, one at a time...coffee is brewing, and I have a light morning.

Do I think he went insane? No. He knew exactly what he was doing, and he knew it was wrong. This can be substantiated BECAUSE he turned himself in.
Breaking laws and rules is not necessarily believing you are doing something wrong. Ask people who smoke pot. They also typically don't turn themselves in either. Concealing criminal actions or at least not volunteering it, is actually typical of sane people who knowingly do something against laws or the rules. You have a strange standard of what is 'sane'
He wasn't caught "in the act" during the man hunt that proceeded the head count confirming someone was outside the fence. He wasn't doing Gods work, or listening to the voices in his head (as of yet). I mean, MAYBE, if as he is at his 9th house, approached, and asked to set his weapon down, AND he responds with, "Why, what's wrong?"...then MAYBE.
funny thing is, we don't know any of that. You're dismissing his behavior BASED ON ZERO FACTS.

Here's one fact for you, he was brain injured. That came out. At least before a full on blackout. I haven't seen a picture of this guy, don't know his name, haven't heard any comments from his squadmates. The only thing new I've heard so far was some backpedaling on his brain injury. The funny thing about brain injuries, you either have them or you don't.

I not surprising good little footsoldiers like yourself are running around trying to convince us of his culpability and mental state when we don't know fuck about him.

this raises two questions.
1) Is this the worst case of 'mainstreaming' ever? In which case, what fucking policy allowed it.
2) In the name of 'good relations' (and covering this up) are we going to allow some mentally deficient individual swing from the end of a rope. When that's not what we do here.

Until the blackout is over, I have to assume the guy is bat shit crazy. Your inventions and tortured logic to dismiss it notwithstanding.

The difference? One is a good criminal defense and the other isn't. IF you want to get away with doing "crazy" shit, the last thing you want to do is acknowledge guilt.
The mainstay for sane criminals is immediately going to the local police and confess.

Post edited by Stryk at 3/14/2012 11:12:35 PM
subroutine
TeamWarfare Vet
TWL Contributor
03-14-2012 11:37 PM / profile

Do I think he went insane? No. He knew exactly what he was doing, and he knew it was wrong. This can be substantiated BECAUSE he turned himself in. He wasn't caught "in the act" during the man hunt that proceeded the head count confirming someone was outside the fence. He wasn't doing Gods work, or listening to the voices in his head (as of yet). I mean, MAYBE, if as he is at his 9th house, approached, and asked to set his weapon down, AND he responds with, "Why, what's wrong?"...then MAYBE.

So this whole bit is a pretty wild assumption in my opinion. An individual can go through an entire rampage, obviously all the while completely mad, then later show complete remorse and acknowledge guilt. There is a precedence for this already seen in some bipolar and dissociative identity disorder cases where guilt has weighed heavy- leading to suicides or further damaging episodes. You do not have to have some disease to relate, this is just merely to prove your assumption of later guilt does not equate to his 'madness' and that 'madness' is static and persistent, because it isn't always the case.

At the end of the day it will take careful consideration of his mental health to humanely and responsibly deal with this. I do not believe the courts in Afghanistan have this capacity and I think the US owes it to this man, whom we have asked to carry the weight of war on for so long. And to your point of "because we are better than them" this is part of that, this is how we deal with the sick, rather than cast them off or make assumptions. It's a two way street. And may I remind everyone here, this is the price of war, so next time you say bomb 'em or fuck 'em remember this shit hole of a situation.

Post edited by subroutine at 3/14/2012 11:41:06 PM
samUwell
TeamWarfare Vet
TWL Contributor
03-15-2012 11:47 AM / profile

i see a Oliver Stone movie in the makes from this incident.

this guy lost his head, killed a bunch of people and didnt our president apologize to their president?

i couldnt imagine any president apologizing to the bad guys in wwII. "lets fire bomb the entire city and then call them up to apologize. and then, we will drop not one but TWO atomic bombs and their ass and then apologize. they should make it all better."
Aria Giovanni.pZ
Adapt
TeamWarfare Vet
03-15-2012 01:03 PM / profile

Originally posted by: =TIO= Fluffytuff
I find it funny that nobody is saying shit after FSB called them out.

I find it funny that you condemn our military when there's collateral damage, but then want to use the most retarded act by one individual to make the point that some how this is representative of the views of people here.

Since inquiring minds want to know, who gives a shit what this guy did. I certainly don't. It's an ugly side of war. Is it any different then chopping some guys head of on the internet? Nope! For the most part, you fucking retard, our military is doing a very professional job considering the circumstances.

Have you beat down any threatening women lately? Pffft!

ugly side of war?

i suppose concentration camps were just an ugly side of war too, right?

let me ask you a better one, did you care when our contractors and soldiers were killed and then dragged thru the streets or hung from bridges? did you care? why? cuz they were our soldiers?

ok, they were combatants, fine...were the kids shot combatants too?

oh, you only care about your side? this aint not Notre Dame football game, it's life and should be guided by morals.

do you have any?
~~Snake~~
On a 2 week vacation
03-15-2012 02:02 PM / profile

Aria

If General Snake was in charge I would carpet bomb the entire country! I would be dropping daisy cutters on Mosques where insurgents hide. Does that make me evil or simply efficient??

advertisement

TWL® NA Time: 4/20/2014 4:57:01 PM
TWL® EU Time: 4/20/2014 10:57:01 PM

All content © TeamWarfare.com 2000-2014
TeamWarfare League™
Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions