Skip Navigation


Pages (2): [1] 2 »
Author
Thread New Thread / Reply to Thread
=>PX<=Major
TeamWarfare Vet
02-27-2012 12:06 PM / profile

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/02/27/us-shooting-ohio-urgent-idUSTRE81Q1AD20120227

OHIO School shootings, WTF is wrong with people?
Nathan Bedford Forrest
TeamWarfare Vet
02-27-2012 12:10 PM / profile

Originally posted by: =>PX<=Major
WTF is wrong with people?


Uh, they are forced into government training camps and mentally abused for hours and hours a day for 12 years with or without their consent?

_________________
See through the propaganda. Stop empowering and enriching the state by cheering its wars. Set aside the television talking points. Look at the world anew, without the prejudices of the past, and without favoring your own government’s version of things. Be decent. Be human. Do not be deceived by the Joe Bidens, the John McCains, the Barack Obamas and Hillary Clintons. Reject the biggest government program of them all. Peace builds. War destroys.
-Lew Rockwell
FSB
The RApture found me
TeamWarfare Vet
02-27-2012 12:15 PM / profile

I don't like Mondays

Nothing new and nothing original.

______________________________________________________________________
"Oh, dark grin, he can't help, when he's happy looks insane, oh yeah"
=>PX<=Major
TeamWarfare Vet
02-27-2012 12:16 PM / profile

Hmmm, I turned out fine.

I went from having no money to being a business owner....in part, due to a public education.

I think it comes down to parenting.
~~Snake~~
On a 2 week vacation
02-27-2012 12:19 PM / profile

Originally posted by: =>PX<=Major
Hmmm, I turned out fine.

I went from having no money to being a business owner....in part, due to a public education.

I think it comes down to parenting.
That area is heavily democrat and liberal. The parents probably thought the school was raising their kids
_______________________________________________________________
"If guns kill people then spoons make us fat!"
Andural69
Sheriff of Griffethal
TeamWarfare Vet
02-27-2012 12:53 PM / profile

It seems like kids aren't taught how to deal with adversity, they're taught that it's all not their fault. Don't pay attention in class, no more spankings, we give you a pill. Get bad grades, it's a disability. Kids are mean to you, you're not taught how to deal with it, instead it builds up until you explode.

I have a friend who got a redlight ticket, no, not his fault. There was a truck in front of him so he couldn't see the light. So, look over to the right or left, no, they weren't visible either. Sooo, slow the fuck down then since you're following at an unsafe distance. he was safe. Dude, it's your fucking fault you fucking putz, pay the ticket and stfu. ok, but it's not my fault.


Originally posted by: Cocytus
God damn I miss Dick.
Smiling Canadian
"The Boys"
TeamWarfare Vet
02-27-2012 12:59 PM / profile

Originally posted by: =>PX<=Major
Hmmm, I turned out fine.

I went from having no money to being a business owner....in part, due to a public education.

I think it comes down to parenting.


Yes but our public education was in a different time. When I was in school we were taught that you were the only one responsible for your actions and that sometimes you lose. Respect for yourself and others was another thing that we had back then.
samUwell
TeamWarfare Vet
TWL Contributor
02-27-2012 01:02 PM / profile

your posting style offends me therefore, we need to ban you so my feelings no longer become damaged and i spend a lifetime in therapy.
{|}snake{|}
The REAL Snake!
TeamWarfare Vet
02-27-2012 01:23 PM / profile

Originally posted by: Smiling Canadian
Originally posted by: =>PX<=Major
Hmmm, I turned out fine.

I went from having no money to being a business owner....in part, due to a public education.

I think it comes down to parenting.


Yes but our public education was in a different time. When I was in school we were taught that you were the only one responsible for your actions and that sometimes you lose. Respect for yourself and others was another thing that we had back then.

My years in school it was transitioning from what it used to be to what it is now. Pretty sad.



Post edited by {|}snake{|} at 2/27/2012 1:23:15 PM
~~Snake~~
On a 2 week vacation
02-27-2012 01:30 PM / profile

Originally posted by: Smiling Canadian
Originally posted by: =>PX<=Major
Hmmm, I turned out fine.

I went from having no money to being a business owner....in part, due to a public education.

I think it comes down to parenting.


Yes but our public education was in a different time. When I was in school we were taught that you were the only one responsible for your actions and that sometimes you lose. Respect for yourself and others was another thing that we had back then.
Exactly
_______________________________________________________________
"If guns kill people then spoons make us fat!"
RomneyBot
TeamWarfare Vet
02-27-2012 01:40 PM / profile

Each year it got worse and worse in my school. When I was ten if you fought on the playground you spent time in the prinicipal's office and lost recess. By the time I was 18 you immediately had the police called on you and were arrested for even yelling loudly or some pushing and shoving.

Except of course if you were black. We had 3 black kids in my school and they got away with anything and everything. They were also sure to play the race card.

One black cat decided to threaten to kill me at lunch when I was a junior in front of the Dean of Students. We got called in to a meeting and the kid immediately said I used the N word. This is years before I became a bitter racist. he got off scott free. Reverse the situation and I'm in jail for terroristic threats and hate crimes.

After I graduated schools here started doing away with A,B,C,D, and F grades until high school. It's all Not Proficieny, Proficient, or Above Proficient or some shit.

Public school is nothing but a bunch of pussies now and if they get upset they just shoot people because they have no clue how to deal with getting picked on or being different.
Post edited by RomneyBot at 2/27/2012 1:40:50 PM
Puckfist
TeamWarfare Pet
02-27-2012 02:17 PM / profile

I don't know that such a broad swath is going to paint the brick-laden wall, but I don't think the lack of (or emphasis on if you take their side) moral education is the problem (that should be parents, anyway). My biggest beef is the perpetual compromise on quality required to achieve performance standards. School is the single most effective tool to bore the creativity out of someone and sequester them unto the working age. I'm grateful the highschool I went to had some magnificent teachers, but everything up to 10th grade was a total waste of time. If anything was going to make me pop at that age, it would have been the eleven year (twelve if you count preschool) consignment to daycare I never chose nor cared for.

It wouldn't have been so bad if we didn't just relearn the same bullshit year after year... then you get to AP/college level classes and discover almost everything you learned prior was simplified to the point of inaccuracy...
Post edited by Puckfist at 2/27/2012 2:28:12 PM
~~Snake~~
On a 2 week vacation
02-27-2012 03:32 PM / profile

Originally posted by: Puckfist
I don't know that such a broad swath is going to paint the brick-laden wall, but I don't think the lack of (or emphasis on if you take their side) moral education is the problem (that should be parents, anyway). My biggest beef is the perpetual compromise on quality required to achieve performance standards. School is the single most effective tool to bore the creativity out of someone and sequester them unto the working age. I'm grateful the highschool I went to had some magnificent teachers, but everything up to 10th grade was a total waste of time. If anything was going to make me pop at that age, it would have been the eleven year (twelve if you count preschool) consignment to daycare I never chose nor cared for.

It wouldn't have been so bad if we didn't just relearn the same bullshit year after year... then you get to AP/college level classes and discover almost everything you learned prior was simplified to the point of inaccuracy...
This has less to do with formal education and more to do with retard parents and kids entitlement mentality that the world owes them
_______________________________________________________________
"If guns kill people then spoons make us fat!"
Puckfist
TeamWarfare Pet
02-27-2012 03:42 PM / profile

In part I agree, but I think getting an education that's neither interesting nor valuable for sake of 'social education' and social skills (like those don't develop in academic environments...) also contributes to why kids like this do stupid shit. If you make school hard enough, kids will go back to just committing suicide, like in China. But if you hit a good balance I think you can get an environment where everyone is trying to learn... that's definitely idealistic thinking though.

Edit: Also, it's completely tangential, but I can't help but notice how funny it is that your foreign policy is the pinnacle of an entitlement mentality (i.e. the US is entitled to manipulate the world).
Post edited by Puckfist at 2/27/2012 3:45:39 PM
~~Snake~~
On a 2 week vacation
02-27-2012 03:45 PM / profile

Originally posted by: Puckfist
In part I agree, but I think getting an education that's neither interesting nor valuable for sake of 'social education' and social skills (like those don't develop in academic environments...) also contributes to why kids like this do stupid shit. If you make school hard enough, kids will go back to just committing suicide, like in China.

Edit: Also, it's completely tangential, but I can't help but notice how funny it is that your foreign policy is the pinnacle of an entitlement mentality (i.e. the US is entitled to manipulate the world).
No my view is that we help control the direction of the world or someone else does. Its called the golden rule
_______________________________________________________________
"If guns kill people then spoons make us fat!"
Puckfist
TeamWarfare Pet
02-27-2012 03:53 PM / profile

Originally posted by: ~~Snake~~
Originally posted by: Puckfist
In part I agree, but I think getting an education that's neither interesting nor valuable for sake of 'social education' and social skills (like those don't develop in academic environments...) also contributes to why kids like this do stupid shit. If you make school hard enough, kids will go back to just committing suicide, like in China.

Edit: Also, it's completely tangential, but I can't help but notice how funny it is that your foreign policy is the pinnacle of an entitlement mentality (i.e. the US is entitled to manipulate the world).
No my view is that we help control the direction of the world or someone else does. Its called the golden rule


To borrow some term I've heard in some Buddhism lecture: it seems more like idiot compassion to me...

Originally posted by: Some Guy's Blog
Idiot compassion has a lot more to do with our own expectations, self-image and desires than fulfilling a real need.

It comes from a self-delusion that we are “helping” someone while at the same time we are either doing no good for them or even damaging or destroying them. We are not taking reality feedback but are filtering out that which would demonstrate our ineffectiveness. We are not aware of ourselves in reality but only in some kind of self-created dream.

There is little time or effort made in understanding a situation before interfering with it. We start supporting other people’s real or imagined dramas as a way of bolstering our own little heroic drama, without first determining whether lending such advice or energy is appropriate.

One of the features of idiot compassion is that it is accompanied by feelings of disillusionment. Whatever we do for someone doesn’t seem to “satisfy”. We must do more, continue on the same road, push harder, be completely successful at our person-saving or world-saving endeavor, and this generates even greater expectations. And greater disillusionment and discomfort.

Post edited by Puckfist at 2/27/2012 3:53:59 PM
Cocytus
TeamWarfare Vet
02-27-2012 03:55 PM / profile

I see Snake is still posting. Oh well.

~~Snake~~
On a 2 week vacation
02-27-2012 03:58 PM / profile

Originally posted by: Puckfist
Originally posted by: ~~Snake~~
Originally posted by: Puckfist
In part I agree, but I think getting an education that's neither interesting nor valuable for sake of 'social education' and social skills (like those don't develop in academic environments...) also contributes to why kids like this do stupid shit. If you make school hard enough, kids will go back to just committing suicide, like in China.

Edit: Also, it's completely tangential, but I can't help but notice how funny it is that your foreign policy is the pinnacle of an entitlement mentality (i.e. the US is entitled to manipulate the world).
No my view is that we help control the direction of the world or someone else does. Its called the golden rule


To borrow some term I've heard in some Buddhism lecture: it seems more like idiot compassion to me...

Originally posted by: Some Guy's Blog
Idiot compassion has a lot more to do with our own expectations, self-image and desires than fulfilling a real need.

It comes from a self-delusion that we are “helping” someone while at the same time we are either doing no good for them or even damaging or destroying them. We are not taking reality feedback but are filtering out that which would demonstrate our ineffectiveness. We are not aware of ourselves in reality but only in some kind of self-created dream.

There is little time or effort made in understanding a situation before interfering with it. We start supporting other people’s real or imagined dramas as a way of bolstering our own little heroic drama, without first determining whether lending such advice or energy is appropriate.

One of the features of idiot compassion is that it is accompanied by feelings of disillusionment. Whatever we do for someone doesn’t seem to “satisfy”. We must do more, continue on the same road, push harder, be completely successful at our person-saving or world-saving endeavor, and this generates even greater expectations. And greater disillusionment and discomfort.
How is Buddhism working to bridge peace with Muslims? Oh that's right the Muslims kill, slaughter and murder them in India and the disputed Kasmir area.

He who has the gold makes the rules. that trumps any theoretical class taught in school
_______________________________________________________________
"If guns kill people then spoons make us fat!"
~~Snake~~
On a 2 week vacation
02-27-2012 03:59 PM / profile

Originally posted by: Cocytus
I see Snake is still posting. Oh well.

Hi Cocy *waves*

_______________________________________________________________
"If guns kill people then spoons make us fat!"
Cocytus
TeamWarfare Vet
02-27-2012 04:00 PM / profile

Originally posted by: ~~Snake~~
Originally posted by: Cocytus
I see Snake is still posting. Oh well.

Hi Cocy *waves*


~~Snake~~
On a 2 week vacation
02-27-2012 04:03 PM / profile

That pic is racist Cocy!
_______________________________________________________________
"If guns kill people then spoons make us fat!"
New Thread / Reply to Thread
Pages (2): [1] 2 »

advertisement
GamerModz - Design Your Gear


TWL® NA Time: 9/2/2014 2:48:27 AM
TWL® EU Time: 9/2/2014 8:48:27 AM

All content © TeamWarfare.com 2000-2014
TeamWarfare League™
Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions