Author
Thread New Thread / Reply to Thread
Zoomacroom
Assistant Manager
Digital Media & News

TWL Contributor
03-31-2012 01:47 AM / profile

Originally posted by: ]-[ypnotik

parts of 3 will probably bleed over into this coming season. Some of 3 made it into 1 actually.

Interesting. What parts were in S1, if you can reveal without spoiling what hasn't been shown?

Edit: Just realized the redheaded whore in Littlefinger's girl-on-girl directing scene is the one who left Winterfell on the cart. "Is that what they teach you up North?" made it click this time.

Edit 2: I really need to stop multitasking when watching shows. Miss a single sentence that could reveal so much.
Post edited by TheRedneck at 3/31/2012 3:25:42 AM
]-[ypnotik
Malibu and Pineapple Juice
TeamWarfare Vet
03-31-2012 11:10 PM / profile

Originally posted by: TheRedneck

parts of 3 will probably bleed over into this coming season. Some of 3 made it into 1 actually.

Interesting. What parts were in S1, if you can reveal without spoiling what hasn't been shown?

Edit: Just realized the redheaded whore in Littlefinger's girl-on-girl directing scene is the one who left Winterfell on the cart. "Is that what they teach you up North?" made it click this time.

Edit 2: I really need to stop multitasking when watching shows. Miss a single sentence that could reveal so much.

Well, the main one is that they reveal the source of the information on Daenarys. He hinted at it in the book, but in the show they straight up tell you if you're listening closely enough. The source is fully outed in book 3. I will say this though, if you didn't hear it while watching season 1, DO NOT GO BACK TO HEAR IT. You will ruin something you'll learn about in season 2.

Also, the scene where Arya hears about the plot against Ned, you can easily tell who the two people speaking in the dungeon are. I don't remember the book being too descriptive of either of them, especially the more notable one. Come to think of it, I think this actually comes from books 3/4/5 rather than just 3.

There are a few other things, but it'd be better to be quieter about them.

There are also a few things that were added in (most notably the Loras/Renly scene) and a few things omitted (like Stannis Baratheon for example, or the comet at the end).

I have to say, at this point (after season 1) my favorite character was Petyr Baelish (Mayor/Gov Carcetti for those fans of The Wire). Anyone else?
Post edited by ]-[ypnotik at 3/31/2012 11:18:26 PM
Neechoo Cheeska
Pepperoni please
TeamWarfare Vet
04-01-2012 12:20 AM / profile

Originally posted by: Nathan Bedford Forrest
No, I don't have any. I just hope Jon and Tyrion make it out all right. I suspect they won't though.

I haven't read the books, but just from the show, Tyrion seems like such a deep and interesting character (flawed, but still has a "good" side to him), I kind of hope GRRM puts him on the Iron Throne at some point.

And re: the comment about Ned...don't you know Sean Bean dies in EVERY show he's in?

I'm pissed, though, because I bought Season 1 on Blu-ray and I loved it. But I don't have TV to get HBO to watch Season 2, and it's not available on iTunes.

FML

Post edited by Neechoo Cheeska at 4/1/2012 12:22:00 AM
Shomp
TeamWarfare Vet
TWL Retired Staff
TWL Contributor
04-01-2012 01:40 PM / profile

Also, the scene where Arya hears about the plot against Ned, you can easily tell who the two people speaking in the dungeon are. I don't remember the book being too descriptive of either of them, especially the more notable one

Well she actually does see the men in the book, so I guess you can say the show followed it exactly, maybe too much so.
Post edited by xPATRIOTSx at 4/1/2012 1:41:54 PM
Bucknut
TeamWarfare Vet
04-01-2012 01:46 PM / profile

Killing starts again tonight, im still unsure if ill go with it. The end of season 1 pissed me off so much I dont know if I can go back. Ill give the season premiere a chance and see if theyre just going to do red herrings all season again, if they do fuck that show.
Zoomacroom
Assistant Manager
Digital Media & News

TWL Contributor
04-01-2012 02:35 PM / profile

Well, the main one is that they reveal the source of the information on Daenarys.

I have to say, at this point (after season 1) my favorite character was Petyr Baelish (Mayor/Gov Carcetti for those fans of The Wire). Anyone else?

They made the source pretty obvious. Especially with the pardon.

I hate Littlefinger (even though he is a good character) for what he did to Ned. Unless it comes to be that there was nothing he could do, just as the Spider said of himself.

I wish the show played up the bond between Snow and Tyrion like the book did.
Zoomacroom
Assistant Manager
Digital Media & News

TWL Contributor
04-01-2012 06:34 PM / profile

Good article on Peter Dinklage.
leroybrown
I <3 teh cawks
TeamWarfare Vet
04-01-2012 06:44 PM / profile

That mega upload thing has seriously hindered my abilities to stream shows on the internet so I just ordered HBO. I think this season is going to be really really good. Watching Eastdown and Bound on demand now.

PS- You don't see thongs like that at Myrtle Beach, ask Stones he'll tell ya.
{|}snake{|}
The REAL Snake!
TeamWarfare Vet
04-01-2012 06:49 PM / profile

Originally posted by: leroybrown
That mega upload thing has seriously hindered my abilities to stream shows on the internet so I just ordered HBO. I think this season is going to be really really good. Watching Eastdown and Bound on demand now.

PS- You don't see thongs like that at Myrtle Beach, ask Stones he'll tell ya.

HBOGO is well worth subscribing to HBO IMO... The GF is close to watching THE episode in GOT, thinking of taping her to see if she freaks haha.
Zoomacroom
Assistant Manager
Digital Media & News

TWL Contributor
04-01-2012 07:02 PM / profile

Originally posted by: {|}snake{|}
The GF is close to watching THE episode in GOT, thinking of taping her to see if she freaks haha.

Do it!
Zoomacroom
Assistant Manager
Digital Media & News

TWL Contributor
04-02-2012 12:36 AM / profile

Really intense season finale to Spartacus.
Killet
I Worship GoddessWolfie
TeamWarfare Vet
04-02-2012 08:55 AM / profile

Really intense season finale to Spartacus.

I was wondering if anyone saw it. Looking at the spartacus wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spartacus theres plenty of great material for the next season.
Andural69
Sheriff of Griffethal
TeamWarfare Vet
04-02-2012 10:37 AM / profile

I watched 4 season finale's this weekend.

Californication = very good and dramatic. Looks like everything coming together, then whamo.

House of Lies, very good, but predictable. I figured this for a couple of episodes.

Shameless = kind of weak actually. The episode before it was more like a season finale and this was more of a wrap up and show you a peek at next season. Overall, the season was awesome.

Spartacus = fucking awesome. Great battle scenes, lots of blood, interesting twists and turns. Lucretia was great. Alythia being alive still, but having everything taken from her is interesting. Ashor got killed by unexpected individual. A couple of notable death's. A genius plan for getting off the mountain, which I thought was going to happen, but using the catapults was fucking awesome.

Now, what was notable to me was that Oenamus was killed by the big guy. Gannicus had major trouble with him and would of been killed if it wasn't for Oenamus. Spartacus briefly handled him with ease before retreating up the mountain (fucker, no retreat and Oenamus could still be alive). So right now, it's easily Spartacus > Gannicus > Krixus.

Spartacus had the best season finale by far. But Spartacus and Shameless both had great seasons.

Originally posted by: Cocytus
God damn I miss Dick.
Killet
I Worship GoddessWolfie
TeamWarfare Vet
04-02-2012 10:54 AM / profile

pardon my speeling but spoilers follow . . .

With the house of Batiaus completely destroyed, I see Ilithyia hooking up with that tall roman guy she was planning to leave her husband for before Glaber killed her father in the arena fire. Ilithyia will hate Spartacus as never before now. I really like Asher and his scheming and backstabbing and almost hated to see him die but it was a fitting end and a glorious death Theres alot of possibilities in the next season, should be great
{|}snake{|}
The REAL Snake!
TeamWarfare Vet
04-02-2012 11:02 AM / profile

Originally posted by: Killet
pardon my speeling but spoilers follow . . .

With the house of Batiaus completely destroyed, I see Ilithyia hooking up with that tall roman guy she was planning to leave her husband for before Glaber killed her father in the arena fire. Ilithyia will hate Spartacus as never before now. I really like Asher and his scheming and backstabbing and almost hated to see him die but it was a fitting end and a glorious death Theres alot of possibilities in the next season, should be great

He is dead, he got fireballed at old greek place when Glaber stormed it. You like ashter? wtf. what land are you from!!?!!
ANDNDNA wtf. i just remembered. WHY THE FUCK... let me repeat. WHY THE FUCK, would you have the replacement girl kill ashter. It just pissed me off even more to see her get more camera time. She was a bad bad replacement imo.
Post edited by {|}snake{|} at 4/2/2012 11:04:34 AM
Killet
I Worship GoddessWolfie
TeamWarfare Vet
04-02-2012 11:18 AM / profile

I missed that guy getting killed, well she will hook up with someone hopefully, she is a schemer and I like it. Yeah I liked Ashers character, dont know the guys name that played him but he did a great job with the attitude. I think Crixus should have killed Asher tho, that would have been sweet.
Post edited by Killet at 4/2/2012 11:18:47 AM
Nathan Bedford Forrest
TeamWarfare Vet
04-02-2012 11:26 AM / profile

Originally posted by: Neechoo Cheeska
No, I don't have any. I just hope Jon and Tyrion make it out all right. I suspect they won't though.

I haven't read the books, but just from the show, Tyrion seems like such a deep and interesting character (flawed, but still has a "good" side to him), I kind of hope GRRM puts him on the Iron Throne at some point.

And re: the comment about Ned...don't you know Sean Bean dies in EVERY show he's in?

I'm pissed, though, because I bought Season 1 on Blu-ray and I loved it. But I don't have TV to get HBO to watch Season 2, and it's not available on iTunes.

FML

So, I didn't have a whole lot going on this weekend so I watched the entire season of GoT... I have a few thoughts:

1. I didn't picture Tyrion being that small. I kept picturing him as being more like the dwarf in LoTR.
2. I don't recall the gay shaving scene in the book... that was weird to watch.
3. I am still pissed about Ned. WTF?
4. Jon and Tyrion didn't hit it off in the show like in they did in the book. That part is what made me start to like Tyrion so much in the book.
5. Joffrey and Viserys were so much more infuriating on screen than in the book. Both are cunts.
6. Cersei is the chick from the Sarah Connor Chronicles and 300!
7. Is it just me, or are all of the children older on the TV show than the book? Daenerys in particular? I suppose that's got to do with the nudity.
8. This is obligatory: The book was better.

Oh, one more thing:
9. Hodor!

Post edited by Nathan Bedford Forrest at 4/2/2012 11:27:15 AM

See through the propaganda. Stop empowering and enriching the state by cheering its wars. Set aside the television talking points. Look at the world anew, without the prejudices of the past, and without favoring your own government’s version of things. Be decent. Be human. Do not be deceived by the Joe Bidens, the John McCains, the Barack Obamas and Hillary Clintons. Reject the biggest government program of them all. Peace builds. War destroys.
-Lew Rockwell
Zoomacroom
Assistant Manager
Digital Media & News

TWL Contributor
04-02-2012 01:53 PM / profile

1. I didn't picture Tyrion being that small. I kept picturing him as being more like the dwarf in LoTR.
4. Jon and Tyrion didn't hit it off in the show like in they did in the book. That part is what made me start to like Tyrion so much in the book.
7. Is it just me, or are all of the children older on the TV show than the book? Daenerys in particular? I suppose that's got to do with the nudity.
9. Hodor!

Watch the entire first season over the weekend... I like your style

1. It's been a while since I read his intro in the book, but I didn't think it was too far off. He's far from a short bearded brute.
2. I think it's only implied in the book, probably from Littlefinger (haven't finished reading yet so who knows).
4/7. Said the same things a few pages back.
9. Hodor!
]-[ypnotik
Malibu and Pineapple Juice
TeamWarfare Vet
04-02-2012 03:10 PM / profile

3. I am still pissed about Ned. WTF?
5. Joffrey and Viserys were so much more infuriating on screen than in the book. Both are cunts.
6. Cersei is the chick from the Sarah Connor Chronicles and 300!
8. This is obligatory: The book was better.

Oh, one more thing:
9. Hodor!

1. Only difference I was expecting was him to be far more hideous
2. Wasn't there in the book, only an implied relationship. It was added for the show.
5. I hated them in the book too. The actors do/did a great job portraying their character to reinforce that hatred though.
6. She's not the only one that's been seen in other things. Magister Illyrio (V for Vendetta, Speed Racer), Petyr (The Wire), Sandor Clegane/The Mountain (Hot Fuzz), even Maester Pycelle played minor roles in Star Wars Ep V and Indiana Jones Last Crusade.
7. I don't think it's because of nudity. They're still going ahead with the Sansa scene this season, but it'll be dumbed down since she's still underage. Fun fact, Arya and Sansa actresses are the same age. I would bet this is because it's easier to manage older actors.
9. Hodor?
Andural69
Sheriff of Griffethal
TeamWarfare Vet
04-02-2012 03:17 PM / profile

Originally posted by: Killet
I missed that guy getting killed, well she will hook up with someone hopefully, she is a schemer and I like it. Yeah I liked Ashers character, dont know the guys name that played him but he did a great job with the attitude. I think Crixus should have killed Asher tho, that would have been sweet.
I do think Asher did a good job scheming and played a helluva roll this season. I think in previous season's he was an ok actor, but this season, he really did well for himself. But his character had to die and everyone expected Crixius, so the girl doing it was a nice surprise imo. Though I'm not found of her.

Hey, next season we could have 2 season's in a row where the star is the same actor. w00t, w00t.

Originally posted by: Cocytus
God damn I miss Dick.
New Thread / Reply to Thread
Pages (56): « First ... « 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 » ... Last »

advertisement

TWL® NA Time: 4/16/2014 3:10:04 PM
TWL® EU Time: 4/16/2014 9:10:04 PM

All content © TeamWarfare.com 2000-2014
TeamWarfare League™
Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions