Pages (2): « 1 [2]
Author
Thread New Thread / Reply to Thread
(SF) DirtyRatFink
TeamWarfare Vet
03-26-2012 10:34 PM / profile

Originally posted by: Mockery
Originally posted by: Smiling Canadian
It's funny how all these labour laws regarding child labour go right out the window when it comes to family farms.

Don't you worry, those are going wayside too as with any other mechanisms for self sufficiency. Especially if the regulatory agencies, on behalf of groups like Monsanto, have their way.

http://www.csrwire.com/blog/posts/300-organic-farmers-fight-for-survival-against-monsanto

+

http://www.fooddemocracynow.org/blog/2012/feb/27/judge-sides-with-monsanto/

+

http://www.naturalnews.com/032476_rabbits_USDA.html

Those stories make me sick to my stomach.
[-NM-] -SS-
TeamWarfare Vet
03-26-2012 10:58 PM / profile

But that's for the greater good.........and it's not work when you don't get paid.

Also: Rules don't apply when it is for Utilitarianism.

You might be on to something.

Correction: Rules don't apply when you have double standards.

Or...

None at all.

Now that I think about it, being a leftie seems so easy.

novEmb3R
YON LOCK
TeamWarfare Vet
04-01-2012 07:44 PM / profile

Originally posted by: Smiling Canadian
Originally posted by: novEmb3R
Originally posted by: Bibimbap
It's nearly impossible for a 14 year old to get a job anymore.

Shit, it's hard for a 25 year old, with a PhD in Engineering to get a job anymore.

But I know what you mean........

That's the thing about freedom, as long as it is consensual, voluntary, why the fuck do we need a law against it?

The Democrats will be the first to tell you that it is unfair for a 16 year old girl to have to get a note from their parents to get an abortion (something I agree with the DNC about).......but then go ahead and say that nobody under the age of 18 can get a tan, buy a cigarette, or eat fast food with a fucking toy inside of it.

People are fucked, society is fucked..........central planners, do-gooders, and well meaning, but stupid, nanny state cunts have essentially decimated our society.

The path to hell is paved with good intentions and funded by a government stimulus program.

interviewed a phd candidate for an entry level engineering job today. felt kind of bad for the man.

If your company has you doing interviews for any position, please inform me of who you work for so I never make the mistake of giving them any business. You may be a very intelligent individual, but you look like death warmed over with a case of AIDS. Not exactly the image that your employer needs to convey to prospective employees. Also your manager needs to be terminated for allowing it to take place at all.

edit: holy horrid spelling Batman

huh?

novEmb3R
YON LOCK
TeamWarfare Vet
04-01-2012 07:50 PM / profile

Originally posted by: novEmb3R
Originally posted by: Bibimbap
It's nearly impossible for a 14 year old to get a job anymore.

Shit, it's hard for a 25 year old, with a PhD in Engineering to get a job anymore.

But I know what you mean........

That's the thing about freedom, as long as it is consensual, voluntary, why the fuck do we need a law against it?

The Democrats will be the first to tell you that it is unfair for a 16 year old girl to have to get a note from their parents to get an abortion (something I agree with the DNC about).......but then go ahead and say that nobody under the age of 18 can get a tan, buy a cigarette, or eat fast food with a fucking toy inside of it.

People are fucked, society is fucked..........central planners, do-gooders, and well meaning, but stupid, nanny state cunts have essentially decimated our society.

The path to hell is paved with good intentions and funded by a government stimulus program.

interviewed a phd candidate for an entry level engineering job today. felt kind of bad for the man.

Same here.......I have a guy with a PhD in Applied Physics doing my bitch work and organizing useless acquisition papers for me.

Poor sucker, student debt up the ass, a kid on the way.......and now has someone with less than half as much education/obligation telling him what to do all day.

Someone should have given him this paper years ago, it would have saved him so much aggravation.

http://wuphys.wustl.edu/~katz/scientist.html

yeah he is in a similar boat... definitely a smart guy, but i am sure he'll be disappointed with an offer (if my superiors deem him fit). granted he doesn't have much work experience but it's still strange to see someone going to school for over 8+ years and has to start here.

Puckfist
TeamWarfare Pet
04-01-2012 08:10 PM / profile

I don't get why apprenticeships went away. It's essentially professional boarding school and as anyone anywhere who's ever had a job knows you learn far more at work than in school. I guess it's hard to guarantee there's nothing wrong in the system (and perhaps it's not worth the time to train them anymore), but there should be opportunities for 12-15 year olds to be a carpenter's assistant, lab assistant, etc. because acquiring marketable skill sets and experience is the only education definitively worth your time and effort.
Post edited by Puckfist at 4/1/2012 8:11:03 PM
RedBeards
Competition Manager
NA Game Operations
Battlefield Series

04-01-2012 08:16 PM / profile

Some high schools still have those programs.

Students take elective classes in a particular field for three years and then their senior year they go to school half a day and then work in that field the other half.

Post edited by Allen at 4/1/2012 8:16:36 PM
~~Snake~~
On a 2 week vacation
04-01-2012 08:45 PM / profile

Originally posted by: Nathan Bedford Forrest
I don't really have a problem with child labor, so long as it's at their consent.
Agreed

advertisement
GamerModz - Design Your Gear

TWL® NA Time: 7/29/2014 8:44:17 AM
TWL® EU Time: 7/29/2014 2:44:17 PM

All content © TeamWarfare.com 2000-2014
TeamWarfare League™
Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions