Skip Navigation

Pages (2): « 1 [2]
Author
Thread New Thread / Reply to Thread
William T. Sherman
TWL Member
03-21-2012 04:06 PM / profile

Originally posted by: Killet
no problem with the private sector researching and developing solar, wind, algae, or unicorn poop as alternative energy sources but the federal government has no business in it.

Yes, it is the federal govt's business. Energy is something that affects our economy and stability. This is the definition of something that the federal govt should care about. And given the current level of risk, the private sector won't be making major investments in renewable energy until there are actual oil shortages. So without the govt, there would be little to no research being done.
Killet
I Worship GoddessWolfie
TeamWarfare Vet
03-21-2012 04:08 PM / profile

we disagree
William T. Sherman
TWL Member
03-21-2012 04:13 PM / profile

I've noticed. But then again, you're the one that thought Obama wasn't allowing enough drilling up until I pointed out he approved more permits than anybody else ever.
Cocytus
TeamWarfare Vet
03-21-2012 04:15 PM / profile

Originally posted by: ~~Snake~~
Gas prices keep going up. Wtf! What's sad is all the Obama voters don't have to drive to work because they are milking the govt.

Exactly! Can you imagine where gas prices will be if this dumb shit gets re-elected.
Killet
I Worship GoddessWolfie
TeamWarfare Vet
03-21-2012 04:16 PM / profile

no, you pointed out he approved permits, you havent shown anything that says he approved more than anyone ever
William T. Sherman
TWL Member
03-21-2012 04:17 PM / profile

Originally posted by: Cocytus
Originally posted by: ~~Snake~~
Gas prices keep going up. Wtf! What's sad is all the Obama voters don't have to drive to work because they are milking the govt.

Exactly! Can you imagine where gas prices will be if this dumb shit gets re-elected.

That's easy, at the same place they would be if he weren't re-elected.
William T. Sherman
TWL Member
03-21-2012 04:21 PM / profile

no, you pointed out he approved permits, you havent shown anything that says he approved more than anyone ever

That's only because, as far as I can tell, historical data for that isn't available online. And he most definitely has permitted more than anybody, if only because the fields we're tapping today require more wells.

Either way, you're clearly misinformed about energy in general, so forgive me if I don't find your argument very compelling.
William T. Sherman
TWL Member
03-21-2012 04:30 PM / profile

http://fuelfix.com/blog/2012/03/21/will-increased-drilling-really-bring-the-price-of-gas-down/

FuelFact is a new project of FuelFix.com. In the run up to the 2012 presidential election, there is a lot of focus on high gasoline prices. We’ll be evaluating these statements, consulting with experts and rating their accuracy.

Inspired by sites like PolitiFact.com and FactCheck.org, our staff will judge the statements on our “truthiness” gasoline gauge:

Full: The statement is accurate.
Three-quarters Full: The statement is accurate but needs clarification or additional information.
Half-Full: The statement is partially accurate but omits important details or takes facts out of context.
Quarter-Full: The statement contains an element of truth but ignores critical facts.
Empty: The statement is not accurate.
Killet
I Worship GoddessWolfie
TeamWarfare Vet
03-21-2012 04:30 PM / profile

I could easily say the same about you, have a good day
William T. Sherman
TWL Member
03-21-2012 04:32 PM / profile

I could easily say the same about you, have a good day

You could say it, but it wouldn't be true. But I guess you're pretty used to saying things that aren't true, so I can see why that's your first instinct.
Killet
I Worship GoddessWolfie
TeamWarfare Vet
03-21-2012 04:41 PM / profile

ah-ha, typical liberal arguement, if no facts then move to personal attacks
William T. Sherman
TWL Member
03-21-2012 04:56 PM / profile

Facts for, and against, what? You don't even have a coherent argument.

You blame Obama for higher oil prices in one post and then concede that no president has authority over them in another. You complain that he cut back on permits and say that he should be working to increase domestic production when he's actually increased permits and domestic production has gone up in the last few years. You want the federal govt to do something about gas prices, but you won't support R&D for new technology. All the while, you can't link to any article or information that didn't come from the right wing echo chamber.

If you want a real conversation here it would help if you first made a single coherent argument, because right now it seems like your biggest problem with Obama is that he's not a Republican.
TotalCarnage
Commissioner

03-21-2012 05:00 PM / profile

Originally posted by: Bigguns 93
A pipe line to California would be shorter, cost less, and California has all the refineries needed to get the job done. In addition, a pipeline to California would bypass the areas contested by the environmentalist.

Funny how the Speaker of the House never mentions those points when he is talking about the failure of the administration to approve the pipeline. Or the massive campaign contributions from the land owners ( one of whom is Tbone Pickings) or the Gulf coast refineries.

tl;dr money in Congressional pockets good, common sense not the issue, the issue is Obama bad

Except that it would cost more to ship it across the country and you have a higher population centered around the refineries where its going to end up. Further you can ship down the coast and up the east coast via boat for less than bringing it through the panama canal.

Also note that the route selected doesn't cross any major mountain ranges that I'm aware of.
~~Snake~~
On a 2 week vacation
03-21-2012 05:41 PM / profile

Originally posted by: William T. Sherman
Facts for, and against, what? You don't even have a coherent argument.

You blame Obama for higher oil prices in one post and then concede that no president has authority over them in another. You complain that he cut back on permits and say that he should be working to increase domestic production when he's actually increased permits and domestic production has gone up in the last few years. You want the federal govt to do something about gas prices, but you won't support R&D for new technology. All the while, you can't link to any article or information that didn't come from the right wing echo chamber.

If you want a real conversation here it would help if you first made a single coherent argument, because right now it seems like your biggest problem with Obama is that he's not a Republican.
BO..The President absolutely can affect prices. His policies certainly just like the stock market are gonna have a huge impact on price. If you don't believe he does, then you are truly more ignorant than I believe you to be
03-21-2012 07:27 PM / profile

Originally posted by: William T. Sherman

That's only because, as far as I can tell, historical data for that isn't available online. And he most definitely has permitted more than anybody, if only because the fields we're tapping today require more wells.

Either way, you're clearly misinformed about energy in general, so forgive me if I don't find your argument very compelling.
No, drilling is up on state and private owned lands. Its down on federal lands.

http://www.instituteforenergyresearch.org/2012/02/23/ier-analysis-oil-and-gas-production-declines-on-federal-lands-in-fy2011/

A short stint of growth under Obama was due to leases given out before he took office.
William T. Sherman
TWL Member
03-21-2012 07:36 PM / profile

I'm amazed at how much you managed to screw up such a short post.

First off, production is not the same as permits approved. Drilling in shale, for example, requires lots of wells, but offers low production rates.

Second off, the vast majority of the permits were approved after 2010, meaning that most of them aren't fully online yet.

http://www.bsee.gov/Regulations-and-Guidance/Permits/Status-of-Gulf-of-Mexico-Well-Permits.aspx

Third of all, your chart comes from the conservative propaganda machine and has no credibility. So even though what you posted has nothing to do with what I was talking about earlier, I still think less of you for using it as a source.

Post edited by William T. Sherman at 3/21/2012 7:38:28 PM
New Thread / Reply to Thread
Pages (2): « 1 [2]

advertisement

TWL® NA Time: 4/24/2014 5:07:40 PM
TWL® EU Time: 4/24/2014 11:07:40 PM

All content © TeamWarfare.com 2000-2014
TeamWarfare League™
Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions