Skip Navigation


Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »
Author
Thread New Thread / Thread Locked
.ricket.
TWL Member
11-15-2011 04:44 PM / profile

Just thought I would ask ...

I have heard its from joining modded dedicated servers : /

Curious on how others feel about it. Its sad. I could type 3 pages but ...
mx+b
TeamWarfare Vet
TWL Retired Staff
11-15-2011 04:55 PM / profile

We've had this conversation in every rank based game. It's not allowed but it's also not enforced. A player gains no additional advantage over you in competition so it should not matter here at TWL. These people are losers and that's all there is to it.
MoNoXiDe
TWL Member
11-15-2011 04:59 PM / profile

Originally posted by: mx+b
We've had this conversation in every rank based game. It's not allowed but it's also not enforced. A player gains no additional advantage over you in competition so it should not matter here at TWL. These people are losers and that's all there is to it.



this is true players Prestige has no effect on competition at all there is no real reason to Prestige except to use the tokens to unlock more custom slots *for public games* and to get some titles other then that the gold guns are unlocked by how much u use w/e gun you want gold.
STRE3TZ
Competition Manager
NA Game Operations

11-15-2011 05:38 PM / profile

Originally posted by: mx+b
We've had this conversation in every rank based game. It's not allowed but it's also not enforced. A player gains no additional advantage over you in competition so it should not matter here at TWL. These people are losers and that's all there is to it.


this
kawz
TWL Member
11-15-2011 06:18 PM / profile

These people are no different than anyone else. There is no "hack" involved, not even a little bit. TWL having some phantom randomly enforced rule that prohibits it is sad.
.ricket.
TWL Member
11-15-2011 06:36 PM / profile

I didnt post how it reflects leagued game play, I just was asking how people felt about the people who did it, I agree they are losers, I just wanted to see how others felt

I think its very shady, and it`s an example of why things are the way they are, Monoxide did you rank exploit with the rest of your comp team or were you the honest joe of the group ?
Post edited by .ricket. at 11/15/2011 6:40:05 PM
Drummer611
TeamWarfare Vet
11-15-2011 06:41 PM / profile

All the people that I know that played in a XP Boost server and went to Prestige 10 can't connect anymore. But the people that went to all the other Prestiges can play, lol what the fck? I ain't going to pay 60 more bucks for a third copy of MW2.

EDIT: Just found that: http://mp1st.com/2011/11/08/inifinty-ward-drops-the-ban-hammer-on-cheaters-and-boosters-in-mw3/
Post edited by Drummer611 at 11/15/2011 7:20:05 PM
.ricket.
TWL Member
11-15-2011 07:17 PM / profile

really ? i wonder if IW is setting to do something about it, a bit odd lvl 10 prestige ppl cant connect : /

it would greatly amuse me to see bans from it

you know since i have no life and its all i have
Post edited by .ricket. at 11/15/2011 7:18:52 PM
Drummer611
TeamWarfare Vet
11-15-2011 07:21 PM / profile

At least, why don't you just warn us and reset our stats? No no no, fuck that. They just don't care about their players. Fck Activision, lol.
Post edited by Drummer611 at 11/15/2011 7:54:07 PM
Drummer611
TeamWarfare Vet
11-15-2011 08:24 PM / profile

I'm currently calling them lol

EDIT: They answered me and told me to reply to the email they send me. They are asking for my DxDiag report, which I don't know how it could be useful for that kind of issue lol. Anyways...
Post edited by Drummer611 at 11/15/2011 9:27:08 PM
Altorous
TeamWarfare Vet
TWL Retired Staff
11-15-2011 08:40 PM / profile

Here is my opinion on the whole matter, No its not a hack, yes it is still looked at as an exploit, there are a few different ways of going about it, you can find one of those servers, like they had in MW2, or there might even be a file you can just implement into your files. either way I am very against it, and shame on anyone that exploits the game for whatever reason, especially on the comp side of things when it doesnt matter if you do it or not, it wont help you.

Now from an admin point of view, anyone that does what they call a rank hack, no matter how you do it, people out in the community see that, know what team you are on, and you will always be doubted, even though you didnt technically hack, alot of people in the community doesnt see it that way. On top of that it doesnt represent Teamwarfare properly, our AC team have tried their hardest to try and keep this community clean, and when people, especially new people see that, it doesnt look good for us as a community.
.ricket.
TWL Member
11-16-2011 12:04 AM / profile

Originally posted by: Drummer611
At least, why don't you just warn us and reset our stats? No no no, fuck that. They just don't care about their players. Fck Activision, lol.


warn you of them resetting boosted / exploited prestige levels you gained ? lol ummmmm

haha
Afghan_Son
TWL Member
11-16-2011 01:13 AM / profile

i don't see anything wrong with it

some people don't wanna play mw2 all over again so they just rank hack to get the unlocks. this way, they come play mw3 for fun/competition and dont have to worry about putting 300+ hours into the game on strictly leveling up
STRE3TZ
Competition Manager
NA Game Operations

11-16-2011 01:38 AM / profile

Originally posted by: Afghan_Son
i don't see anything wrong with it

some people don't wanna play mw2 all over again so they just rank hack to get the unlocks. this way, they come play mw3 for fun/competition and dont have to worry about putting 300+ hours into the game on strictly leveling up


right on the money
|LB|Anheuser
TeamWarfare Vet
11-16-2011 01:49 AM / profile

what does it really matter???

so you want to edit your config or join a server so you can be some of the first to rank ten lol.....

it doesnt hurt comp.....but now you wonder why you cannot connect?? you did something that in their eyes the game wasnt designed to do (yes i know...cut/paste it is bound to happen lol)....

all that said.....i did get a lobby and one kill bam.....but other than the stupid score i got...it only boosted me 2 ranks since i was 78........

i personally dont care about it (actually laugh at some of them)......but i can see how folks could look at others in a different light for doing it .....
Drummer611
TeamWarfare Vet
11-16-2011 07:35 AM / profile

Originally posted by: Afghan_Son
i don't see anything wrong with it

some people don't wanna play mw2 all over again so they just rank hack to get the unlocks. this way, they come play mw3 for fun/competition and dont have to worry about putting 300+ hours into the game on strictly leveling up


Whoa for once, Afghan said something intelligent =) j/k
kawz
TWL Member
11-16-2011 07:56 AM / profile

They can't possibly ban for it because there are people who got there via hacked lobbies. Ie. they didn't want to be boosted.
kawz
TWL Member
11-16-2011 07:57 AM / profile

Originally posted by: Drummer611

EDIT: Just found that: http://mp1st.com/2011/11/08/inifinty-ward-drops-the-ban-hammer-on-cheaters-and-boosters-in-mw3/


That'll be for consoles only.
kawz
TWL Member
11-16-2011 08:01 AM / profile

Originally posted by: Altorous
Now from an admin point of view, anyone that does what they call a rank hack, no matter how you do it, people out in the community see that, know what team you are on, and you will always be doubted, even though you didnt technically hack, alot of people in the community doesnt see it that way.


1. It's not a hack.
2. Those people in the community are idiots.
mx+b
TeamWarfare Vet
TWL Retired Staff
11-16-2011 08:51 AM / profile

Originally posted by: kawz
These people are no different than anyone else. There is no "hack" involved, not even a little bit. TWL having some phantom randomly enforced rule that prohibits it is sad.


As long as you don't openly admit it like you did the last time and you'll be fine

Also, WTF WITH THE TRIPLE POST MANNNNN ALL WITHIN 5 MINSSS

Post edited by mx+b at 11/16/2011 8:52:44 AM
N2DEEP[*=]
TWL Member
11-16-2011 08:59 AM / profile

Could be like in BF3 where Dice is going thru and resetting all of the scores of people who ranked up via exploit servers.

...and there is alot of them
New Thread / Thread Locked
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »

advertisement



TWL® NA Time: 4/23/2014 10:11:40 PM
TWL® EU Time: 4/24/2014 4:11:40 AM

All content © TeamWarfare.com 2000-2014
TeamWarfare League™
Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions