Thread New Thread / Reply to Thread
chabwiz
TWL Member
03-12-2012 04:11 PM / profile

Wow.
SouCo
TWL Member
03-12-2012 08:38 PM / profile

Okay, so UAC is official as of yesterday right?

So is the match ID the same as what was provided for league matches?

grey maniac
TWL Member
03-13-2012 11:36 PM / profile

it uploads all SS's directly after match,
SO, how long are we required to keep the ones on our comp.?
they're not big, but after a several long rounds it will start to add up.
Malacca
TWL Member
03-14-2012 01:18 PM / profile

Hey guys, question for you-
I use Autohotkey for a very specific purpose...I rebind ONE key. Laugh all you want but I am an arrow key gamer. The only problem with that is that Q, the spot key, cannot seem to be rebound (ask anyone, it's been like that since launch). So I use AHK for one purpose only...to make my keyboard think that PgDn is Q. Would this be disallowed?
Malacca
TWL Member
03-14-2012 01:24 PM / profile

Here's the exact text of my "script" for your review:
-------------------------------------------

PgDn::q

;
; AutoHotkey Version: 1.x
; Language: English
; Platform: Win9x/NT
; Author: http://A.N.Other
;
; Script Function:
; Template script (you can customize this template by editing "ShellNew\Template.ahk" in your Windows folder)
;

#NoEnv ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
SendMode Input ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir% ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.

SFR-an_agent
Retired Anti-Cheat Staff
03-14-2012 01:44 PM / profile

PB will kick for AHK. I don't know if UAC catches it or not, but if they don't it would not surprise me if they do in the near future. Your safest bet would be to find another workaround, or learn to live with the game as it is.

To answer your question directly, yes it is disallowed for two reasons. 1) you are introducing a layer between your input and the OS that modifies that input 2) you are technically modifying the game settings in a way that you are not able to through the stock interface. We realize that interface is broken and fucked up, but it is what DICE provided so we basically have to live with it until they patch it.
Post edited by SFR-an_agent at 3/14/2012 1:51:29 PM
Kyle..
TWL Member
03-14-2012 03:15 PM / profile

autohotkey is probably against cause I believe that what they use for macros, or they did in bf2
iLL| corbu
TWL Member
03-14-2012 03:59 PM / profile

unless u really need your pgdwn on a daily basis you could use KeyTweak to remap your keyboard.
Malacca
TWL Member
03-14-2012 04:46 PM / profile

I guess it's irrelevant anyway because spotting is disabled in our ladder; therefore no reason for me to use the script. Just too bad it can't differentiate between a legit use like mine and whatever you guys are talking about with recoil scripts. Who even thinks of that stuff?
Malacca
TWL Member
03-14-2012 04:47 PM / profile

Originally posted by: SFR-an_agent
PB will kick for AHK.

You mean in TWL or globally? Cause I play with it every day in regular games and I certainly don't get kicked by PB...
chabwiz
TWL Member
03-14-2012 07:24 PM / profile

Supposedly it does. There were some bans that they reversed on pbbans.
inVizi0n
TWL Member
03-15-2012 02:27 AM / profile

If one more scrub cries about macros, I swear to god. Ever since some random hopped on beasto for ~shaky aim~ every shitty player and his brother has been crying about macros. Get off it and learn to shoot.
Austex
TWL Member
03-15-2012 02:02 PM / profile

Originally posted by: Malacca
Hey guys, question for you-
I use Autohotkey for a very specific purpose...I rebind ONE key. Laugh all you want but I am an arrow key gamer. The only problem with that is that Q, the spot key, cannot seem to be rebound (ask anyone, it's been like that since launch). So I use AHK for one purpose only...to make my keyboard think that PgDn is Q. Would this be disallowed?

http://bf3.realmware.co.uk/settings-editor/

Will this get me kicked or banned by PunkBuster?

No. BF3 Settings Editor is entirely safe you will not get into any trouble with PunkBuster. BF3 Settings Editor only modifies your Battlefield 3 settings files; it does not touch the core game files in any way, nor does it make any modifications to the running game. There are many players using this tool, and none of them have reported any issues with PunkBuster.

I do not have any keys remapped, but I use this tool for tweaking other in-game settings (trying to get every drop of performance out of a dying rig). I'm sure there are many others on here who would also vouch for Realmware tools.
ryohKi
TWL Member
03-18-2012 07:57 PM / profile

So, you can't use fucking FXAA mod?

Edit: http://uac.ac/#forum_posts/id=2157

Lolwow.
Post edited by Karabiner-S at 3/18/2012 7:59:41 PM
Juxtapuh
TeamWarfare Vet
TWL Retired Staff
03-20-2012 10:51 PM / profile

i have had numerous persons reporting that "x" number of players are shown as inactive, or didnt have any scans. can somebody please clarify this?

*this is after the match, when players are looking at reports.
Post edited by Juxtapuh at 3/21/2012 11:49:25 AM
asshat84
TWL Member
03-21-2012 07:42 AM / profile

for some reason the scan box becomes unchecked. all you have to do is check it again and it starts scanning. dont forget to hit refresh.
eclipse3315
TWL Member
03-21-2012 11:57 AM / profile

I got a bunch of errors last night after our league match... don't know if everything went through taht was supposed to or not...
Dragonjester02
TWL Member
04-02-2012 10:32 PM / profile

What is the appropriate action if a every member on the team does not have UAC up and running?
MavRic
Senior Staff
Anti-Cheat

04-04-2012 05:28 AM / profile

Originally posted by: Dragonjester02
What is the appropriate action if a every member on the team does not have UAC up and running?

Send a email with the match id to ac@teamwarfare.com. We'll check it out.

TWL|MavRic
TeamWarfare Anti-Cheat Director
Email: mavric@teamwarfare.com
IRC: #Teamwarfare, #twl_guid
Follow TWL on: Facebook | Twitter | Steam
alav
TWL Member
04-15-2012 09:53 PM / profile

I've a simple question.

Is a manually created user.cfg file allowed by UAC during ranked TWL match?
Post edited by alav at 4/15/2012 9:56:21 PM
New Thread / Reply to Thread
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »

advertisement
GamerModz - Design Your Gear

TWL® NA Time: 7/29/2014 6:42:59 AM
TWL® EU Time: 7/29/2014 12:42:59 PM

All content © TeamWarfare.com 2000-2014
TeamWarfare League™
Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions