Skip Navigation

Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »
Author
Thread New Thread / Reply to Thread
questionmark
TWL Member
01-21-2011 11:39 AM / profile

The deflation thread was going in all sorts of directions so I decided to make this thread for inflation and monetary policy related news. I´ll be adding related articles as I come across them. I´ll also be using this thread to disprove the idea that speculation is what´s driving up the commodities complex.

First up: Chinese demand for physical silver has quadrupled as the inflation rate in China climbs.

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/chinese-silver-demand-surges-four-fold-just-one-year

Surging inflation in China, India, wider Asia and much of the world is of course positive for gold and silver as it will likely lead to an even greater appetite for the precious metals in order to protect against the ravages of inflation and the further depreciation of paper currencies.

Post edited by questionmark at 1/21/2011 11:57:35 AM
Bibimbap
Kimchee!
TeamWarfare Vet
01-21-2011 11:47 AM / profile

http://www.freedoniagroup.com/Industry.aspx?IndustryId=CHNR&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

The chinese demand for EVERYTHING is in the double digits.

I could be due to the fact that there are billions of people there still living in squalor, and the country is growing it's GDP.

OR

They're building giant walking robot tanks... to take over the world!
Killet
I Worship GoddessWolfie
TeamWarfare Vet
01-21-2011 11:51 AM / profile

good, I have a bunch of it, waiting on the price to get higher to sell
Questor
Shaven Goodness
TeamWarfare Vet
TWL Contributor
01-21-2011 12:06 PM / profile

Wouldn't it make more sense to create a blog for your economics musings? Seriously.

William T. Sherman
TWL Member
01-21-2011 12:13 PM / profile

Originally posted by: Questor
Wouldn't it make more sense to create a blog for your economics musings? Seriously.

But then I wouldn´t have the satisfaction of telling Aria "I told you so."
William T. Sherman
TWL Member
01-21-2011 12:14 PM / profile

Somewhat related news: Grenspan supports a gold standard. Wtf?!

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/stunner-gold-standard-fully-supported-alan-greenspan

Bibimbap
Kimchee!
TeamWarfare Vet
01-21-2011 12:16 PM / profile

Originally posted by: questionmark

Ahhh... that's why this is so important!
Questor
Shaven Goodness
TeamWarfare Vet
TWL Contributor
01-21-2011 02:41 PM / profile

The chances of that happening are slim based on the relative knowledge of both of you on topics you bring up yourself. So save me a lot of heartache and start a blog please.

Or, at the very least, take this and the rest of your conspiracy theories to the Cesspool.

Coba|t
TeamWarfare Vet
01-21-2011 03:22 PM / profile

Or, at the very least, take this and the rest of your conspiracy theories to the Cesspool.

Move them all there right now.

Then we can tell him what we really think.
the wierdo
i before e, except after...wtf?
TeamWarfare Vet
01-21-2011 04:00 PM / profile

Originally posted by: Coba|t

Yeah! Let's do this! I'll sure give him an earful of bored indifference.

Post edited by the wierdo at 1/21/2011 4:01:03 PM
-EB- Bluedoctor
TeamWarfare Vet
01-21-2011 04:03 PM / profile

Originally posted by: the wierdo

Coba|t
TeamWarfare Vet
01-21-2011 04:18 PM / profile

Originally posted by: -EB- Bluedoctor

Nathan Bedford Forrest
TeamWarfare Vet
01-21-2011 04:48 PM / profile

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/stunner-gold-standard-fully-supported-alan-greenspan

He was in Ayn Rand's inner circle back in the day and wrote articles (books?) about his support formthe gold standard.

Dude sold his soul to the Fed.

See through the propaganda. Stop empowering and enriching the state by cheering its wars. Set aside the television talking points. Look at the world anew, without the prejudices of the past, and without favoring your own government’s version of things. Be decent. Be human. Do not be deceived by the Joe Bidens, the John McCains, the Barack Obamas and Hillary Clintons. Reject the biggest government program of them all. Peace builds. War destroys.
-Lew Rockwell
William T. Sherman
TWL Member
01-22-2011 05:35 AM / profile

Originally posted by: Nathan Bedford Forrest

He was in Ayn Rand's inner circle back in the day and wrote articles (books?) about his support formthe gold standard.

Dude sold his soul to the Fed.

Selling his soul implies that he somehow betrayed his prior beliefs. Making more money available to the glorious private sector in order for them to do what they want with it was 100% in line with his earlier beliefs and ideals.
William T. Sherman
TWL Member
01-22-2011 05:36 AM / profile

The chances of that happening are slim based on the relative knowledge of both of you on topics you bring up yourself. So save me a lot of heartache and start a blog please.

I don´t have that ability. Besides, how is this different from mockeries thread?
Questor
Shaven Goodness
TeamWarfare Vet
TWL Contributor
01-22-2011 08:45 AM / profile

I don´t have that ability. Besides, how is this different from mockeries thread?

Because you don't know the definition of shut the fuck up nor do you have a clue on what a real debate is or how to determine when you've lost.

Now that we are here I can tell you exactly how I feel about your theories:

You're a fucking clueless child who thinks that you know everything just because you've read a few books. Well, guess what: I've read a few books too and I know I have more experience in most of the drivel you post about than you do textbook knowledge.

So do me a favor - and everyone else in here - and bring your bullshit conspiracy theories about peak oil, stagflation / inflation / deflation / wtflation, and anything else about economics in here where people aren't constrained by the GF rules when you continue to ignore better arguments against your position.

In other words, I really want to smack you upside your head. You remind me so much of my brother when he was younger - as least he got some common sense eventually. You, however, seem bound and determined to be an asshat for the rest of your life because you know better than anyone else in here.

Stryk
TeamWarfare Vet
01-22-2011 08:58 AM / profile

The pieces of shit that have ruined our economy in return for personal profit would love to lock in our currency relative to China instead of letting the system balance itself out. They can get a few more years of profit out of it that way.
[-NM-] -SS-
TeamWarfare Vet
01-22-2011 09:43 AM / profile

[-NM-] -SS-
TeamWarfare Vet
01-22-2011 09:46 AM / profile

Because you don't know the definition of shut the fuck up nor do you have a clue on what a real debate is or how to determine when you've lost.

You're a fucking clueless child who thinks that you know everything just because you've read a few books. Well, guess what: I've read a few books too and I know I have more experience in most of the drivel you post about than you do textbook knowledge.

So do me a favor - and everyone else in here - and bring your bullshit conspiracy theories about peak oil, stagflation / inflation / deflation / wtflation, and anything else about economics in here where people aren't constrained by the GF rules when you continue to ignore better arguments against your position.

In other words, I really want to smack you upside your head. You remind me so much of my brother when he was younger - as least he got some common sense eventually. You, however, seem bound and determined to be an asshat for the rest of your life because you know better than anyone else in here.

he mad

Dieslut
TWL Member
01-22-2011 12:32 PM / profile

Hey ? I double dog dare you to start another thread in the GF Don't take that crap from Q he's all talk and no action. Show him you have the stones to stand up to unjustness cuz Mockery is getting away with it.
Cocytus
TeamWarfare Vet
01-22-2011 02:31 PM / profile

GET SOME Q!

YOU GONNA TAKE THAT Qmark?
New Thread / Reply to Thread
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »

advertisement
GamerModz - Design Your Gear

TWL® NA Time: 7/31/2014 1:21:23 AM
TWL® EU Time: 7/31/2014 7:21:23 AM

All content © TeamWarfare.com 2000-2014
TeamWarfare League™
Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions