Thread New Thread / Reply to Thread
sponge
TeamWarfare Vet
TWL Retired Staff
01-24-2007 09:27 PM / profile

Configs

Version 10.-1

Pre-season

Prone Delay is ON. Whether it says on will be determined at the end of pre-season. So if you want it on or off, now would be the time to actually try it out, since you'll probably be ignored if your team forfeits pre-season and you have an opinion on prone delay.

Feb 5: ETPro Fueldump
Feb 12: Sottevast b3b

Regular Season

3 maps per week. The 3rd map serves as a tiebreaker, and as the first map of the next week. Maps must be played as assigned.

TBD will more likely than not be Fueldump, Sottevast, or Venice.

DateWeekMap 1Map 2Tiebreaker
2/261Supply DepotRailgunBraundorf
3/052BraundorfSW GoldrushAdlernest
3/123AdlernestIceRadar
3/194RadarFrostbiteBattery
3/265BatteryRailgunOasis
4/026OasisReactorTBD
4/097TBDGoldrushSupply Depot
4/168Supply DepotRadarFrostbite

Playoffs

Higher seeded team picks map 1, and plays offense first.
Lower seeded team picks map 2, and plays offense first.
If team 1 wins map 1, and team 2 does NOT set a time on map2, the match is over.
If a third map is necessary, the teams will eliminate from the pool of maps that were not played. The higher seeded team eliminates first, and will play offense first. The map is played until a conclusion is reached.
The map pool consists of the maplist above.

Any further questions can be directed to myself, lead 6v6 Specter, or league admin Godfather.

Scoring

You only get a point for the map if you play it. If you win 2-0, you do not put in 3-0 in the score results.
Post edited by sponge at 2/27/2007 12:58:04 AM
herf
TeamWarfare Vet
01-25-2007 12:08 AM / profile

should be a fun season : )
Shafty
TWL Member
01-25-2007 04:22 PM / profile

nice. Good call, should be fun
rc.specter
TeamWarfare Vet
TWL Retired Staff
01-25-2007 05:43 PM / profile

And I STRONGLY reccomend that all teams participate in preseason.....accidents can happen ya know?

but seriously, It'll help to make the matchups a lot better for the first few weeks of regular season. Plus we need feedback on the new maps so we can decide what to put in the TBD slot.
herf
TeamWarfare Vet
01-26-2007 09:01 AM / profile

TBD slot.

"TBD will more likely than not be Fueldump, Sottevast, or Venice. "

This is likely unfortunate.

Venice - a tried map, but one that teams do not like to play. Even during PLAYOFFS, getting people to try and scrim it was near impossible. I mean two teams 6v6, 12 people, and self interest at hand (the worry that ones opponent may actually PICK it to play), and still, it basically was not scrimmed. when it was, both teams were bitching about it, ah fun fun fun.

Sottevast - unknown to most, the statistical chance people will like a new map is very low. The chance that a new map is enjoyable for pubbing is very low. The chance that is is good for competition, is even lower (unless the euros have screened it already). Oilrig anyone?

Fueldump - a known map, maybe it will be ok now. At least some sort of vague glimmer of hope. Ugh feeling though.

So yeah, maybe Sottevast is the new Supply Depot. Its possible. Maybe Fueldump will be ok now, instead of the horrible competition map it is now. Venice...... Venice? Its clear that some admin LOVES venice, probably has the wallpaper in their room covered with screenshots from it. I dont really hate venice, its just that I would never CHOOSE to play it ahead of about 10-15 other maps, ie I would never play it. Nor, from what I can see having been forced to play it repeatedly, does anyone else. But I think it is a valid competition map, it is capable in other words. It does seem to have some flow to it. Its just that there are tons of other maps that have that as well.

Preseason Reasons to play:

1) the innate joy of playing new maps
2) the ability to pick between fueldump, venice, and sotvast (slime, gruel, or dirt for desert sir?)
3) the ability to vote against pronedelay.

Ok, the first two are just nonsensical, so it comes down to reason 3. Pronedelay has been voted down countless times. Its back again because the admins like it for some reason. So now, we are supposed to have to play preseason to vote one it? Why? Every single alpha player who uses prone will know pronedelay already just by scrimming on servers with updated TWL config, or if they have scrimmed on euro servers. Its not complicated stuff. And again, why are we bringing this multiple dead horse back up?

Pronedelay, the frankstein Zombie issue of TWL. You cant kill the sucker.

Seriously, I think gameface guys have it right, teams should just vote before season start, one vote per team, regardless of preseason play.

Post edited by herf at 1/26/2007 9:33:29 AM
[M2]NaziMudda
TWL Member
01-28-2007 02:30 AM / profile

is it safe to assume that the goldrush on april 9 is stopwatch version?
adamsbomb
TWL Member
01-28-2007 03:43 AM / profile

this is powdermonkey and i would like to say fuck you faggot admins for finally making it 3 maps per week when i leave this game. FUCK YOU GUYS DOOD
rc.specter
TeamWarfare Vet
TWL Retired Staff
01-28-2007 09:19 AM / profile

Originally posted by: [M2]NaziMudda
is it safe to assume that the goldrush on april 9 is stopwatch version?

yep
Shafty
TWL Member
01-28-2007 05:20 PM / profile

Originally posted by: FA+E
this is powdermonkey and i would like to say fuck you faggot admins for finally making it 3 maps per week when i leave this game. FUCK YOU GUYS DOOD

we're all very sad to see you go
-Alchemy-
TWL Member
01-28-2007 05:49 PM / profile

no beerrun, no delivery. wuts up with that???
|C|Ares
TWL Member
01-29-2007 02:51 PM / profile

anyone looking to add another to their roster? O.o

xfire: etkaine
Post edited by ars0n1s+ at 1/29/2007 2:51:39 PM
rc.specter
TeamWarfare Vet
TWL Retired Staff
01-29-2007 07:23 PM / profile

HEAR YE! HEAR YE!

Preseason week 1 schedules are up. I would like to remind the team captains that they need to submit either a loss or a dispute before the wednesday following the match each week or expect a forfeit, for that will be the day that I do the schedules. So if you lose, don't forget to submit...and if you win, make damn sure the other team submits.
Wolf3D
TWL Member
01-30-2007 03:50 AM / profile

Thats alot of teams
sponge
TeamWarfare Vet
TWL Retired Staff
01-30-2007 09:58 PM / profile

TO ANYONE WHOS NOT GETTING THE RIGHT FUELDUMP:

You have to extract the ENTIRE ETPro zipfile, NOT JUST THE PK3. Fueldump is a mapscript. It is not sw_fueldump, and it's not in a PK3 in any manner, shape, or form.
Linsen
TWL Member
01-31-2007 09:26 AM / profile

Played a scrim with the new script and I actually kind of liked it. Hard to get used to playing it again but its definetly action packed. Ill have to remember all those old camping spots!
xxColon
TWL Member
02-01-2007 04:58 PM / profile

First preseason match on monday

pronedelay- this is with the increased spread as soon as you prone, and unable to get up for 750 ms or some such?

It's always good to try new maps. What a dumb argument herf. Little chance that it will be good. How did we ever get any new maps into the pool? Maybe we should all play et_beach every week. (Would actually like to play that in an et match, never done it).

Multiple maps should be fun, haven't played railgun in forever.

cg_pronedelay 1
Gryg
TWL Member
02-01-2007 05:06 PM / profile

Yeah I say we use cg_pronedelay 1 rather than b_pronedelay 1. That way people can actually think it makes a difference in gameplay when it does not.
Tranix
TWL Member
02-06-2007 06:42 PM / profile

BATTERY AND RAILGUN, TERRIBLE MAPS, OH WAIT LETS PUT 2 TERRIBLE MAPS AND MAKE PEOPLE PLAY THEM. ALSO WHERES SPECIAL DELIVERY 2? THAT MAP IS BADASS.
the penguin
Body cavity excavator
TeamWarfare Vet
02-10-2007 09:41 PM / profile

Originally posted by: SAWLID TRANIX
BATTERY AND RAILGUN, TERRIBLE MAPS, OH WAIT LETS PUT 2 TERRIBLE MAPS AND MAKE PEOPLE PLAY THEM. ALSO WHERES SPECIAL DELIVERY 2? THAT MAP IS BADASS.

all three of those maps kill low-end systems.
ive been wanting coq for some time now, and im goin for it on sunday!
Originally posted by: Aria Giovanni.pZ
kok. i want kok. lots of kok.
Gryg
TWL Member
02-13-2007 12:29 PM / profile

By the way, with the new map system does it mean that being home or away actually matters now? So to get rules straight the home team defends on map1 first and then attacks first on map2? So knowing whether you're the home or away team adjusts how much you focus on offense or defense for a particular map.
sponge
TeamWarfare Vet
TWL Retired Staff
02-13-2007 06:40 PM / profile

It should be in our rules how it works with home/away. I don't remember off-hand.
New Thread / Reply to Thread
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »

advertisement
GamerModz - Design Your Gear

TWL® NA Time: 9/3/2014 2:59:07 AM
TWL® EU Time: 9/3/2014 8:59:07 AM

All content © TeamWarfare.com 2000-2014
TeamWarfare League™
Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions