Skip Navigation

Author
Thread New Thread / Reply to Thread
[DUG.^$@R!N]
TWL Member
05-18-2007 12:10 PM / profile

Hi,
i paly A*A since 2004 with ISDN Internet connection, and the Netspeed of the game for ISDN is 5000 and not 8500.
When i play with Netspeed 8500, then i have only LAG.
I have send two emailīs to TWL Adminīs and this is the answer.

My Email to Monkiy:
Hi Monkey,
I have a Problem with the Netspeed Rule, my inet connection is isdn and i play with netspeed 4500 or 5000.
Please change the rules "Netspeed set to lower then 8,500 will not be allowed" @ http://www.teamwarfare.com/rules.asp?set=America%27s+Army+EU+Ladder+Rules#4 , or i canīt play on TWL Matches.
So please send me a answer.

Player Name: [DUG.^$@R!N]
Clan: Dark Unit Germany
Ledder: 2 on 2 Obj & 6 on 6 Obj

Thank you,
$@R!N

The answer:
Firstly, I am not a European TWL Admin, I am an Oceanic one. You are best off discussing this with one of your region's Admins.

The TWL rule won't be changing anytime soon. In fact it has been a rule for sometime before the recent change that you cannot have your netspeed below 8000, the change to no less than 8500 is a necessary change to ensure a fair and balanced competition environment.

Monkey
America's Army Oceanic Ladder & League Admin
Monkey@teamwarfare.com

My Email to Fragnader:
Hi Fragnader,
I have a Problem with the Netspeed Rule, my inet connection is isdn and i play with netspeed 4500 or 5000.
Please change the rules "Netspeed set to lower then 8,500 will not be allowed" @ http://www.teamwarfare.com/rules.asp?set=America%27s+Army+EU+Ladder+Rules#4 , or i can?t play on TWL Matches.
So please send me a answer.
Player Name: [DUG.^$@R!N]
Clan: Dark Unit Germany
Ledder: 2 on 2 Obj & 6 on 6 Obj
Thank you,
$@R!N

The answer:
Lowering Netspeed stops you getting flashed therefore the rule was introduced to stop this. I suggest you change your ISP

and now i wont become an answer:
Can a isdn user play with netspeed 4000 - 5000 ?
Or du you wont to kick isdn users from twl ?

thx
Sarin

ps.: I am play only with Netspeed 4000 - 5000 and not 8500.
Selmi
TeamWarfare Vet
05-18-2007 12:55 PM / profile

If you want to play in TWL you have to play with at least 8500 netspeed.
.ppz!^
A killer... or not...
TeamWarfare Vet
05-18-2007 01:20 PM / profile

Just turn dynamic netspeed one.. you won't have any problems.
[DUG.^$@R!N]
TWL Member
05-18-2007 01:28 PM / profile

Originally posted by: =snBcr=Pepe
Just turn dynamic netspeed one.. you won't have any problems.

dynamic netspeed on isdn is 5000

Originally posted by: Selmi

lol then i dont play on twl.
Post edited by [DUG.^$@R!N] at 5/18/2007 1:29:31 PM
Do!nK
TWL Member
05-18-2007 01:48 PM / profile

I really dont know if u understand the problematic in this situation. He couldnt play with a dynamic netspeed of 8500 cause he cause no provider near his town could give him DSL and thats the reason why the maximum of netspeed in the ini he can use is 5000.

If he would play with a netspeed of 8500 he cant play cause it lags so hard with this settings. So i think TWL should think about this rule for cdc cause not all players have the opinion do use DSL.
uNN4m3d
baby smurf
05-18-2007 03:22 PM / profile

Bad luck, but to get fair play in leagues, netspeed has to be higher than 8500, or you don't get any flash affect.
[DUG.^$@R!N]
TWL Member
05-18-2007 04:26 PM / profile

Originally posted by: uNN4m3d
Bad luck, but to get fair play in leagues, netspeed has to be higher than 8500, or you don't get any flash affect.

BS
when i get flashed, i have a black screen and a beep on my Headset.
Post edited by [DUG.^$@R!N] at 5/18/2007 4:27:37 PM
Freakstar!
TeamWarfare Vet
TWL Retired Staff
05-18-2007 05:33 PM / profile

I think your headset is broken then. It sings a britney spears song to me when I get flashed
noname...
TWL Member
05-18-2007 07:02 PM / profile

Originally posted by: joppe!
I think your headset is broken then. It sings a britney spears song to me when I get flashed

you are so jocularly. *omg* ,
i think twl should think about this rule for cdc cause not all players have the opinion do use DSL. some guys try to use netspeed 15000.. is it correct? , i dont think so...
uNN4m3d
baby smurf
05-18-2007 07:15 PM / profile

Originally posted by: -Drago#1^
Originally posted by: joppe!

you are so jocularly. *omg* ,
i think twl should think about this rule for cdc cause not all players have the opinion do use DSL. some guys try to use netspeed 15000.. is it correct? , i dont think so...

What part didn't you understand?
If you have netspeed lower than 8500, you don't get flash affect.
supz-
TWL Member
05-18-2007 07:21 PM / profile

what a shame, twl will miss you.
Selmi
TeamWarfare Vet
05-19-2007 02:00 AM / profile

Originally posted by: [DUG.Do!nK]

I really dont know if u understand the problematic in this situation. He couldnt play with a dynamic netspeed of 8500 cause he cause no provider near his town could give him DSL and thats the reason why the maximum of netspeed in the ini he can use is 5000.

If he would play with a netspeed of 8500 he cant play cause it lags so hard with this settings. So i think TWL should think about this rule for cdc cause not all players have the opinion do use DSL.

I totally understood it but lets think...its true that that rule sucks if you have a bad connection like your friend have but if they would allow a lower netspeed to a players who have a bad connection, how many would "lie" about their connection type just to have a chance to play with a lower netspeed.
maiKal
TWL Member
05-19-2007 03:12 AM / profile

Originally posted by: uNN4m3d
What part didn't you understand?
If you have netspeed lower than 8500, you don't get flash affect.
Not true in all cases. I've had connection troubles in the past and tried various netspeed settings but never found one to stop me getting flashed. However, all speeds even 10000 flashes often go off near me my gun disappears but I'm not flashed at all or even remotely deaf.
Rayman_
TWL Member
05-19-2007 07:09 PM / profile

Originally posted by: [DUG.Do!nK]

no provider near his town could give him DSL and thats the reason why the maximum of netspeed in the ini he can use is 5000.

wow.. where does he live then? i bet a 3rd world country :/
-skeptic
TWL Member
05-19-2007 08:47 PM / profile

germany, however he prolly lives in some corner every normal human being would avoid
New Thread / Reply to Thread

advertisement

TWL® NA Time: 4/17/2014 8:24:02 PM
TWL® EU Time: 4/18/2014 2:24:02 AM

All content © TeamWarfare.com 2000-2014
TeamWarfare League™
Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions